BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsDoug View Post
    What specifically says this? I hear a lot of hearsay, but I haven't seen a specific reference saying it.
    It says it at the top of the damn picture with the nid powers in it for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHarry View Post
    Hey any news on the Pyro? Did they give it Torrent to make it not terrible?
    The other guy with the book said NO
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHarry View Post
    Hey any news on the Pyro? Did they give it Torrent to make it not terrible?
    I think it got another wound and a bit of a point reduction but remains pretty much the same otherwise. If we do not have spores I do not see the point of taking them unless they cost 20 points each maybe.

Also, the Toxic Miasma biomorph only does an amount of poison hits equivalent to the amount of enemy models based with the Tyranid models using the Miasma. It's not one hit for every enemy model in that combat.

The nerf to buff scale seems to be tipping to the soft and spongy side so far...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Also, the Toxic Miasma biomorph only does an amount of poison hits equivalent to the amount of enemy models based with the Tyranid models using the Miasma. It's not one hit for every enemy model in that combat.
    cheers mate. missed that line
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-07-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Did we ever hear a confirmation on foc changes for nids? Without allies they have to toss nids some sort of bone.

Chapter-Master

No we've heard nothing from either of the book sources on that, nor is it mentioned in WD, good money is that its bogus, but it may still exist

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Read the thread, StarWarsDoug. OP with the book basically confirmed it.

So now you're spending ton of points just to give the fex a cover save? That's not synergy, that's price gouging. And, no, Hive Tyrants are not very scary in assault, not anymore.

Yeah, and big picture is, 'nids just got hit with a ton of nerfs, several of which are massive, with only a very few limited buffs. Unless there are some other buffs we're not seeing, there's not much to be positive about.
    Meanwhile we're talking about a carnifex that has gained fleet st10 on the charge and +d3 hammer of wrath attacks on the charge while still being 25 points less than it was.

And I hive tyrant with wings with some of these new artifacts and wings will smash almost any other MC in the game. With Assault grenades, 6 st 8 int 9 on the charge, reroles wounds, 6's cause ID, if that's not powerful, you have unrealistic expectations.

This is assuming the stats are the exact same, and that it is using ygmarl effect and Reaper boneswords. It's also the only MC that I can think of that has access to a 2+ save.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    Tyranids also rely on synergy, stick in a couple malanthropes to hand out shrouded, put some gaunts in front for cover and cast catalyst on them from a near buy hive tyrant (which is potentially the most powerful CC beast in the game)

things are not all doom and gloom here, I play Tyranids, I want them to be effective but literally everything I have seen you post is focusing souly on the negative. I'm pointing out the positive.

there is both good and bad, but focusing on the rules in a complete bubble is never a very realistic way to guess at how bad things are.
    Just to point out, it's not 100% guarantee you get catalyst each game, since we probably have to roll for it.

Honestly, this just seems like a way to make Tyranids even less unique, so far with what's been listed, I doubt anything can cause terror to my enemy. They'll just shoot up anything that can be a nuisance and watch my army fall apart. Tyranids are 70% close combat, and it looks like that side of our army will remain weak, for whatever reason. They may as well re-write our fluff to say: "Tyranids are a weak form of life, and their weaknesses recently doubled. They will lose almost every battle they get into, because the codex god says so!"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    It's also the only MC that I can think of that has access to a 2+ save.
    Tyrannofex, Dreadknight, Wraithknight, Riptide...
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Page 9 of 80 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast