BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    True... Anyone else miss the toughness buff from 4th edition?
    Immunity to massed las fire....god yes
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

We also have no clue what the stat lines are on Hive Tyrants, Carnifexes, nearly anything in the book. What's going to make them more survivable on the board, some of these things pointed out sounds good on paper, but what will make them survive against the hundreds of ways we already lose our MCs?

Chapter-Master

Yeah, and from what I'm hearing the new monobuild codex might by some Flying Tyrants/Crones, a bunch of gaunts, and a wall of cheap Carnifexes. The question is, can you avoid the monobuild?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    well we can by them fleet, thats actually not that bad.
    Sure, for 15 pts per model. Ugh.

Chapter-Master

eh it may have possibilities, but likely the fex build will be something like talons+Stranglethorn.

though I'd like to see how viable the ScreamerkillerStar could be with pair scything talons and fleet....
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    True but from what we know hive tyrants are 160, wings are 30 or 40. I used to have to pay 275 for a Flyrant anyways, this will likely cost a similar amount, while being considerably better in CC. I also think that Tyrants will follow great deamons and see a stat boost or two. I'm hoping for another wound, they should be on par with any other new MC.
    I'll bet they don't change stats at all, except for maybe a drop in attacks which is "compensated" for by taking an extra set of CCWs.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    eh it may have possibilities, but likely the fex build will be something like talons+Stranglethorn.

though I'd like to see how viable the ScreamerkillerStar could be with pair scything talons and fleet....
    Why talons? They're already AP2. Talons don't give you anything else now.

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Reposting my post from Warseer:

From the BRB about generating psychic powers:

"In some codexes, a Psyker will have a specific psychic power, or set of psychic powers - where this is the case it will be clearly stated in the relevant codex. Otherwise, a Psyker generates random psychic powers from amongst the psychic disciplines known to him."

At the top of the entry with the psychic powers in the codex, it says, "Tyranid Psykers use the Powers of the Hive Mind, which is treated as a psychic discipline for all rules purposes."

Seems pretty clear to me, BRB powers are gone unless the individual Psyker entries say otherwise.
    I don't know, I think I disagree here. Usually each psyker's profile lists the specific discipline that they can generate psychic powers from in their entry though admittedly the Chaos codexes did state the BRB powers in the table. The Dark Angels and SM 'dex did list them only in the profiles. Though they did not have their own psy tables.

I think it's too early to throw out BRB powers all together. That line at the top is a little too vague to put the total kabosh on it. I think it's a clarification to say that while Tyranids are not "psykers" like say a Librarian who uses the Warp to manifest psy powers, this is a distinction of fluff and should not result in different treatment for all rule purposes.

Am I misreading this? Thoughts? Prayers?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    Why talons? They're already AP2. Talons don't give you anything else now.
    so I'm not spending points on a gun beast really

Do the new FMCs have any special rules about landing/grounding tests? Doesn't really look like they could walk/slither on the ground.

Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast