BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Maybe Tervigons can take the sword? Suck it JotW...

Brother-Sergeant

I sure wish the people with the codex would just shed light instead of us sitting here having to guess on everything.
    Oh, take this as you will because it's a bit vague, but it does come from someone with the book.

"Swarmlord is little bit more costly. His stats and weaponry remains largely unchanged except that he no more forces re-roll on invul sv.(At least his weapon profile tells me so)
    Old One Eye became about 20% cheaper, gained boost in Initiative like ordinary carnifexes. Also has a tail weapon.
    Regeneration biomorph isnt' exclusive to him, and it's better than It Will Not Die."

Only real thing here is that the Swarmlord got hit in at least one distinct way.
    Last edited by Big_jon; 01-08-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Ugh. That would suck if the swarmlord got more costly and less effective. It is not like he was exactly a deal before. It is like one step forward two steps back.

The psychic power thing seems pretty much locked now, but it certainly does not help when GW posts this on the psychic power cards entry:

"Warhammer 40,000 Psychic Cards: Tyranids is the complete set of 7 Psychic cards available to Tyranid collectors. As they are the psychic powers from Codex: Tyranids, they can be used in conjunction with Psychic Disciplines, which can be found in the Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook. "

Or the English meaning of "in conjunction with" means something very different than I think it does.

Brother-Sergeant

If there are not some more redeeming factors to this book, GW can suck it, I'll download it and print it out before I pay 60$ for a book that utter crap again.

Seriously, there are some nice things but every second thing I read is starting to piss me off, makes me want to quit this hobby. I have already had to endure the 6th ed as an assualty player, the Chaos book, then the Black legion book, which I still use, but seriously, they seem to put little to no effort in these things anymore.

Sorry, just frustrated.

I've been trying to look on the bright sides but really.

I've been trying to look on the bright side of things as well, but looking at the 3 pictures posted by the OP, shattered all of that. I feel like GW is taking our concerns, and ignoring them. We'll go from one mono-build to another most likely. And I do hope there are redeeming qualities in this book, but it seems like they are making everything mediocre, and probably the best things will be the units added into the book, just so they can sell more. I really don't feel like they're out for player interests, just what can sell their 70-80 dollar pieces of plastic.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big_jon View Post
    I sure wish the people with the codex would just shed light instead of us sitting here having to guess on everything.
    Oh, take this as you will because it's a bit vague, but it does come from someone with the book.

"Swarmlord is little bit more costly. His stats and weaponry remains largely unchanged except that he no more forces re-roll on invul sv.(At least his weapon profile tells me so)
    Old One Eye became about 20% cheaper, gained boost in Initiative like ordinary carnifexes. Also has a tail weapon.
    Regeneration biomorph isnt' exclusive to him, and it's better than It Will Not Die."

Only real thing here is that the Swarmlord got hit in at least one distinct way.
    Where did you find this?

By the by, we've seen that Old One Eye can apparently regenerate all of his wounds in one or two player turns. Given that we know stock Regeneration is It Will Not Die on a 4+, I'm guessing Old One Eye has a similar mechanic, except he maybe gets it on a 3+ and rolls for each wound lost?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kublade View Post
    I've been trying to look on the bright side of things as well, but looking at the 3 pictures posted by the OP, shattered all of that. I feel like GW is taking our concerns, and ignoring them. We'll go from one mono-build to another most likely. And I do hope there are redeeming qualities in this book, but it seems like they are making everything mediocre, and probably the best things will be the units added into the book, just so they can sell more. I really don't feel like they're out for player interests, just what can sell their 70-80 dollar pieces of plastic.
    Hogwash they are making everything mediocre. The loss of Biomancy won't make a difference to Flyrants with double brain-leech devourers that are 55 points cheaper. Biovores were already very good and got BETTER and CHEAPER. Mawlocs got far better and about 40 points cheaper. Lictors got better and actually have a use for their reserve bonus. Termagants are better. Carnifexes got much cheaper, but ever so slightly weaker for melee. Tyrannofexes got significantly cheaper. Harpies got a pretty hefty buff and a chunky points decrease. Old One Eye and Deathleaper appear to be largely improved. Pyrovores got better, even if it wasn't enough.

There are LOTS of improvements here. I'm not saying they outweigh the bad, but they definitely did try to fix a lot of issues the previous codex had. Unfortunately, they just didn't fix the biggest one - only Tervigons and Termagants are worthwhile Troops!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

From the leaked pages ive seen Regen is now on a 4+ for us... to my mind that now makes it an auto include upgrade for pretty much every monster we can put on the table. Im intrigued to know how much it costs on the monsters, such as Trygon, Hive Tyrant, Tervigon, Carnifex and the new Haruspex.... and if our new flyers the Harpy and Hive Crone can have regen as well

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Maybe Tervigons can take the sword? Suck it JotW...

That would be a dream come true xD

Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast