Weapons and Biomorphs
    Twin-linked Stranglethorn Cannon
    Scything Talons
    Spore Mine Cysts

Special Rules
    IB (Hunt)
    Sonic Screech
    Fearless

May replace Twin-linked Stranglethorn Cannon with Twin-linked Heavy Venom Cannon - 5 pts

may select any of the following
    Stinger Salvo - 10 pts
    Cluster Spines - 15 pts

May select items from the Biomorphs list
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts

Brother-Captain

I have just considered that Tyrant/Hive Guard got even bigger than Warriors... and still only have 2 wounds. How and why?

and I see the prime still can't get wings......

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    I have just considered that Tyrant/Hive Guard got even bigger than Warriors... and still only have 2 wounds. How and why?
    T6/2 vs T4/3

First-Captain

@ Daborder. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Currently if you run Mawlock this happens.

#1 Follow deep strike rules and all that it entails.
    #2 if the model mishaps on top of a model that it switches to it's special rule.

Meaning it can mishap if you goes off the table or deep strike within 1" of an enemy model, since it didn't land on top of it.

Now I seeing some things I may like.

First off it really depends what synapse does will depend on what I do. If Synapse gives eternal warrior I am looking at theses units.

Swarms. In 4th they were annoying due to being hard to kill off, now with eternal warrior and feel no pain I don't see why you wouldn't take them.

Gaunts. I am liking they giving equal love to spine and terma gaunts this time. I hope no one had to de arm obe a hundred gaunts from the switch from 4th to 5th. 8 pts devourers is still a lot, but more attractive. I will have to do the math to see if Terrible is even worth it. In 4th I didn't run endless swarm due to the amount of models I was missing on the board and the person had to wipe out the unit. If I am paying a lot for a tervigon and have to run squads of 30 to even field it I might just leave it at home in favor of something else. 720pts for 180 gaunts is not bad, if he still gives them aura poison it would be the only reason I may run tervigon. However I now wish I didn't sell my gaunts down to where I own 120 regular gaunts.

Venomthorpes. Never bother running them due to instant death and not being IC. If they have Eternal Warrior and keep the same rules than they are really good now.

Warriors. Same as the Venomthorpe, to bad they can't get the old bs biomorph. Since they have flesh hooks again I would say boneheaded and lawsuits is almost a no brainer here. That being said I may use them as a medium shooting base like I did in 4th edition.

Winged hive tyrant. Since it looks like now plus two armour and no it will not die with eternal warrior love I see no reason to bother with hive guard and just go winged. It is interesting that it seems you can now take a template weapon and fly. A flying cover saving denial model, on top of vector strikes can be rather nice, like a hellturkey. I still wait for the dex though.

Dakafex is back??? Still haven't see costing. Probably run hive guard instead.

Also going back to warriors and tervigon it will be a toss up which models are better at cost. Also with the gaunt point reduction just simply buying poison on the gaunts doesn't look like an expensive up grade.

What I am seeing is come back of some 4th edition list, which seems like a theme in 6th to bring back older builds. I always run a deathleaper and glad it is hard to kill. Might get lictors though.

All I can say is I am going to rid my nid dex and go from there. Also do a head count of my gaunts. I may buy another forge world winged hive tyrant again.

I will say I will mis enfeeble, invisibility, and, endurance.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    T6/2 vs T4/3
    They was T6 last codex. Warriors bumb to 3 wounds last codex as well. They not different in the new codex but the same as the last.

I have found one good thing in the codex,

Thorax weapon - Electroshock grubs
    A template with haywire.
    I pitty the dreadnaught that charges that model. multiple haywire hits.

I seem to be in the minority but I am super excited for this codex release. Sure there are some nerfs but all in all I think it should be a fun pseudo competitive codex.

Which synapse units do we have outside the HQ slot. Zoans, Warriors, Tervigons and?

Quote Originally Posted by AdagiO View Post
    Which synapse units do we have outside the HQ slot. Zoans, Warriors, Tervigons and?
    Trygon Primes

Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast