BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WD stopping?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    If this is true I really have had it with WD. Its really not been very good for a while. I have had it a 3 years now and it seems to be getting boring if I'm honest.
    I sometimes read the WD reviews on the Tales of Painters blog. They always heartily recommend that everyone pick up White Dwarf every month, but after looking at what they say it contains, it always looks really underwhelming.

www.GardenNinja.com

I like Blanchitsu (lots!) and pictures of people's armies/models/Golden Daemon/Armies on Parade. Anything else I ignore.

I hope that one of the magazines still does those sort of articles?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Fly Lord

White Dwarf as a monthly may be done...

Faeit sources said:

via anonymous
    There will be an announcement this Saturday. The monthly White Dwarf magazine is history. There will be a small weekly white dwarf magazine and a new monthly magazine, called "warhammer: visions", 230 pages strong(!!!). This will start in February.

Also there is a meeting in February for every European "black shirt" in England. Maybe for the new GW website, including FW.

via anonymous
    As a heads up, you're going to be getting emails about "weekly white dwarf mini magazines."
    It's called White Dwarf Visions and it's true.
    They will focus on talking about the hobby and community more so than being a sales magazine.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Baron - House Descanso

In Spain,a store chain(Goblintrader) confirmed the end of the mothly WD this morning:
    [url]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/01/adios-la-white-dwarfmayo-de-1977-enero.html[/url]
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Scout

Also just noticed, no mention of the Feb WD in the calander at the rear of this months issue. Don't they always mark the release Saturday of the next issue?

Battle-Brother

*SIGH* ...I was affraid of that.... Ever since the new (current) version od WD came I thought a downfall was comming :/
    Wish that instead of it ending, they would go back to how WD was back in the Golden Age... when Paul "Fat Bloke" Sawyer was in charge...
    To this day I keep re-reading these issues...
    P.S.
    And not to mention that it's a dick move to cancel White Dwarf just when WHFB Dwarfs get a new release... =_= '''''''''''

So what happens to those who still have part of the yearly subscription to go? Do we gain from receiving both magazines, one or neither? If it's the latter I'd like half my subscription fee back

Scout

Sales on it must be pretty poor! I could never see a reason to buy it. The painting stuff was ok, but I remember when there were rules for all the new figure releases each month. Remember the books that were collated from WD articles? What have they published in WD recently that you could do that with now?

Chaplain

I can only speak for what's happened in my area, but the final straw that made people stop buying White Dwarf was when they forced you to go into a Games Workshop store if you wanted to buy it the week it came out, by not providing local newsagents with copies until they'd had it on the GW shelves for a week.

Unless you could get into the store you missed out and the majority of the newsagents stopped carrying it after they were constantly left with every copy still on their shelf at the end of the month.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Resinpants View Post
    What have they published in WD recently that you could do that with now?
    Death From The Skies.
    And they got slaughtered by the internet community for that.
    Unjustly so, in my opinion.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast