BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

really? man because the problems with harpies in combat weren't covered enough LAST edition? come on tynskel, just dont take SL

Darklink, whats your thoughts on a pair of outflanking tervigons?
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-09-2014 at 11:34 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Does the Tyrant give them outflank? Could be good, though I think the tervigon might have been nerfed so much it's almost better to just buy gants with those points instead. You'd have to playtest that and see what happened, but that could distract Tau castles reasonably well. Don't know if it would be a real answer, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Charge in Harpy. Halberd Problem = Solved.
    Just more hammer bait. You still bounce off, maybe kill a Paladin or two, and then the hammers hit and I can literally kill like 15 non-eternal warrior MCs in one round, if you charge me. SitW doesn't do you any good when I auto-pass my psychic check.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Does the Tyrant give them outflank? Could be good, though I think the tervigon might have been nerfed so much it's almost better to just buy gants with those points instead. You'd have to playtest that and see what happened, but that could distract Tau castles reasonably well. Don't know if it would be a real answer, but you never know.
    yeah for 20pts hive commander lets one troop unit outflank, and stacks so two tyrants can do two units
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yeah you can't do much to paladin death stars with the new book sadly.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by HERO View Post
    Yeah you can't do much to paladin death stars with the new book sadly.
    It's funny because if the Exocrine's large blast was Strength 8 as it really should be, Paladins wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem for Tyranids. Granted, Paladin shooting would eat them for breakfast, but Exocrines are cheap and you can field three in a regular game. Distraction Haruspexes? Lol.

Methinks the army list I am going to adopt will roughly follow this;

*2x Hive Tyrants with wings, two brain-leech devourers
    *3x20 Termagant broods
    *2x Harpies
    *2x Exocrines

That's the core, and at 1850, that has enough room to potentially add a third Harpy, a third Exocrine and two broods of two Zoanthropes. Just not quite sure what to do with all those points, I need ground Synapse for my Exocrines and Termagants after all and aside from mini-Warrior broods with a Barbed Strangler or Venom Cannon I can't think of anything but Zoanthropes to do the job. Zoeys still look a good unit to me anyway, just hide them near the Exocrines, using whatever second power they roll up to hopefully cast buffs, and then jump out when enemies close in to smack them with Warp Blast. Seems a decent idea.

By the by, did anyone figure out what that "Rapid Assault" special rule for Mawlocs and Trygons is?
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 01-09-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

atleast we screw over jetstar

edit: rapid assault is just deepstrike
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-09-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    atleast we screw over jetstar
    Harpies and Flying Hive Tyrants really make a mess of Jetstars, as soon as you close in with SitW they are screwed. We have so much flying/36" S6 shooting that they will just get obliterated.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Default Rule Lawyers: Open up!

So, I may be just failing to re-read something very basic in the rule book or in the specific rule of the Deathleaper here but

if he is an independent character who must always be snapshot at does the unit he joins ALSO only get snapped shot at. So say in a unit of 30 gargoyles. The BRB IC rule would imply no (Pg 39 Special Rules from IC do not go to units and vise versa unless specifically stated) but perhaps there is something in the rule itself? I haven't seen the codex entry but maybe someone has? Thoughts? Prayers?

I think I might just have to go back to spam gargoyles again and pray there's some kind of genestealer supplement coming down the mountain.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    really? man because the problems with harpies in combat weren't covered enough LAST edition? come on tynskel, just dont take SL

Darklink, whats your thoughts on a pair of outflanking tervigons?
    -5 Initiative. that's what I call a big Halberd f8k off.
    Blah blah blah. How many times did you *EVER* see a harpy because there was no model?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by katurian View Post
    So, I may be just failing to re-read something very basic in the rule book or in the specific rule of the Deathleaper here but

if he is an independent character who must always be snapshot at does the unit he joins ALSO only get snapped shot at. So say in a unit of 30 gargoyles. The BRB IC rule would imply no (Pg 39 Special Rules from IC do not go to units and vise versa unless specifically stated) but perhaps there is something in the rule itself? I haven't seen the codex entry but maybe someone has? Thoughts? Prayers?

I think I might just have to go back to spam gargoyles again and pray there's some kind of genestealer supplement coming down the mountain.
    He's only a character NOT and IC they are two different things

Page 62 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast