BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The only relevance that two-handed weapons have anymore is that it prevents you from getting +1A from having a second close combat weapon. That's it. Storm Shield+ Relic Blade is perfectly legal.
    Yup. My force commander is equipped with both a relic blade and a stormbolter, for example.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Interesting combination... Relic and storm bolter
    duke

all right so from that point on could we say the same about a pair of lightning claws and a storm shield for the blood angels veterant squad (not that i would actualy do it because of the point cost wich is about 70 pts for a model ) but it says any model may buy a storm shield for 10 pts . and same model may replace bolter or ccw by a pair of lightning claws for 30 pts, sounds abusif..... I know that i could simply take 1 Lc for less points but for the look of the miniature, i was wondering if i could

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Interesting combination... Relic and storm bolter
    duke
    I'd do it with blessed weapons if I could, on my Canonesses. Don't think I can though... hrm.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I find the hang up on the relic blade being two handed sort of humorous.

I mean the THUNDER HAMMER you can wield with a storm shield but the big sword NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Tibirius View Post
    all right so from that point on could we say the same about a pair of lightning claws and a storm shield for the blood angels veterant squad (not that i would actualy do it because of the point cost wich is about 70 pts for a model ) but it says any model may buy a storm shield for 10 pts . and same model may replace bolter or ccw by a pair of lightning claws for 30 pts, sounds abusif..... I know that i could simply take 1 Lc for less points but for the look of the miniature, i was wondering if i could

Hmmmm. Interesting. But it wouldn't do you any good to buy the pair of lightning claws.

With the storm shield you never get +1 A for having two close combat weapons so why not just buy one lightning claw and a storm shield and save a butt load of points.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshalAdamar View Post
    Hmmmm. Interesting. But it wouldn't do you any good to buy the pair of lightning claws.

With the storm shield you never get +1 A for having two close combat weapons so why not just buy one lightning claw and a storm shield and save a butt load of points.
    By the same token, if you wanted to model a BAV with two lightning claws and a storm shield and only pay for a single lightning claw and a storm shield, I would not care, as the second lightning claw looks cool but does not actually make the model play differently.

Well my my question was more on the possibility of buying the claws and the storm shield i know it would be a waste because the bonus attack would be lost per the storm shield rule but as i mention it would be only for look id buy only 1 lightning claw and put the second for show

I would certainly let you model a Blood Angel vet with two lightning claws and a storm shield, but only pay for one lightning claw and a storm shield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12