BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Is too bad Old one eye isn't an upgrade to fex brood, 220pts, comes with regen, adaptive biology (FnP after first wound), an generates additional atks on successful to hit rolls.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    You're forgetting that GW is a "gateway" hobby, you don't discover Warmahordes first. You discover Games Workshop first.
    There are no stores in the towns and cities selling exclusively Warmahordes, there isn't a demand for it. Know why? Because Games Workshop are the number one seller of wargames products, Privateer Press don't even come close to the revenue that Games Workshop produces.

This isn't fanboyism, this is fact. If it wasn't, then there would be Privateer Press shops everywhere.

As for answering rules questions and customer support, I've always had a response within the week, so I don't know who you're talking to but you're barking up the wrong tree.

Then there's skill. Yes, you can argue that there are power lists in 40k, but I have beat those power lists over the years using strategy; which is a thing that people often forget. You can out-skill your opponent, you just have to know your army and how to manipulate your opponent's army.
    Remember that at the end of the day, all it is is a dice roll. The roll of a 1 can ruin anyone's day, regardless of game system.
    I'm not forgetting anything, I'm just pointing out that the idea that the idea that 40k is 'too big to balance' is utter nonsense. 40k does get the most players, but warmahordes has a lot of players as well, and the game itself has just as many, if not more, units and factions, and the gameplay is honestly far more complex tactically and strategically than 40k, and there's plenty of evidwnce that it is much, much more balanced than 40k. It can be done. GW just needs to actually put a little effort into it. That also isn't to say that skill matters in 40k, because it does.

You can beat power lists, youve done it, I've done it, that's not the point. The game is objectively better for both casual and competitive players without power lists.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    What does it say about the modifier to leadership under the horror? The glare blocks it out a bit.
    Codex just dropped on ibook.

Will look up anything that hasn't been said if it's helpful to anyone just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by katurian View Post
    Codex just dropped on ibook.

Will look up anything that hasn't been said if it's helpful to anyone just let me know.
    Also its -2

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    Is too bad Old one eye isn't an upgrade to fex brood, 220pts, comes with regen, adaptive biology (FnP after first wound), an generates additional atks on successful to hit rolls.
    I was interesteed in OOE, then realised he doesnt have Adglands so is too slow
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

if he had adglands and didnt take an hq slot he'd be pretty good. I didn't know about his generating extra attacks on hit before reading his entry was all. made me think it over again.

was excited about deathleaper changes like a lot, but he also takes an hq slot. sooo, maybe in smaller games i guess.

would have prefered the named ones were all upgrades to thier respective broods like the red terror is.
    Last edited by Ang56; 01-10-2014 at 10:55 PM.

was just taking a look at IA apoc 2nd ed. and the malanthropes I think might be a huge bonus for their points. cost 110, comes in broods of 1-3, 4 wounds each toughness5 with regen included. somewhat cheep synapse with I5 3 attacks move through cover and fleet. yea they are an HQ choice but they might actually have a use this edition.
    Last edited by fedratsailor; 01-10-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post
    if he had adglands and didnt take an hq slot he'd be pretty good. I didn't know about his generating extra attacks on hit before reading his entry was all. made me think it over again.

was excited about deathleaper changes like a lot, but he also takes an hq slot. sooo, maybe in smaller games i guess.

would have prefered the named ones were all upgrades to thier respective broods like the red terror is.
    yeah Deathleaper and OOE lose out a lout being HQs
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

I like a lot of things in this book, there are a few things that make me wonder wth they were thinking.

Venomthropes giving shroud was gonna make me use them again even if they still only last a turn or two on the table. Shrouding bubbles for the start of the game was a pretty good change. They come in a squad tho. You don't buy 3 and they move around alone. If you want that, it's 3 elite slots....

The range needed to be higher if I can't spread them out.

Veteran-Sergeant

Venomthropes also only affect "Models" within 6 inches, so not one model of a unit within 6. So not as good anymore.

A quick note I found on the Instinctive behavior that was not translated, or at least I didn't see it, is they you don't take an IB test if you are falling back already, gone to ground, in combat or just arrived from reserve.
    BOLScon 40k Judge

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast