BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bio-Artefacts

Chapter-Master

Default Bio-Artefacts

The Hive Tyrant, Tyranid Prime, and Tervigon may take the Bio-Artefacts.

Giving a Tervigon an artifact might be interesting.
    Like the Norn Crown and taking Dominion Pyschic power. Or taking the Miasma Cannon. The Reaper of Obliterax is probably a bit much on the price for a tervigon, however, I5 on a Tervigon could be worthwhile, especially since you also gain the possibility of Instant Death. Not to mention I5 allows the Tervigon to go toe to toe with Dreadnoughts.

Like most of the 'best' Artifacts in the 6th Edition, the 'super' weapon is on the high price tag side.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

You forgot the Trygon Prime.

The miasmacanon could come in handy.

Trygon Primes may take Bio-Artefacts as well.

I like Norn Crown with Dominion and rolling the number 3 warlord trait.

Well, I'll just Synapse 30" then.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

For the cost of a minimum squad of gants, you gain 6" of Synapse? Yeah, no thanks. It's not that difficult to spread control range over the map, and Dominion can be a freebie if you need it. Since they upped the Tervigon's points by so much, simply adding regeneration to it should suffice. Save the Dreadnought fighting (do people even field those anymore?) to the Impaler Cannons / Zoanthropes, and camp that Tervigon on an objective w/ proper screening.

Chapter-Master

The crown is massively overpriced. So is the ymgarl factor and the sword. Just take regular lashwhip bonesword with adrenal glands and the like if you feel the need. The gun is decent, but I'm pretty sure that everything that can take it has access to better guns. So, not really worth it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

I did consider putting the MawClaws (awesome name btw...) on a Trygon Prime, since it doesn´t give up any kind of valuable weapon (Sighing Talons...) and it really doesn´t cost much... Rending might just be useful when meleeing Dreadnoughts (too lazy to do the maths right now...), and Preferred Enemy after killing something isn´t all that bad either for the price tag... what do you think?
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I wouldn't run any artifacts on a tervigon, they are already to expensive to really be run as anything but tough scoring, making them more expensive just for a small blast poison shot and a template or a +6 synapse (when dominion is primaris) is ridiculous.

Bout the only artefacts I like are the miasma cannon on a prime for a cheaper gun (thats not really cheaper anymore) or sometimes the reaper on a tyrant with adglands for S8 on the charge (but I still think the toxsac+BSLW is better for 15 pts less)

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I like Norn Crown with Dominion and rolling the number 3 warlord trait.

Well, I'll just Synapse 30" then.
    Nah, this turns your unit into a lynchpin, you want your synapse units to bbe as spread out and cheap/tough as possible for their points, sticking expensive biomorphs on them just means that there is less to distract your opponent from focusing on your synapse creatures.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Funnily enough, the name of the trait!

I like 30" of cover from one model (who is protected to the max!), means all my Warriors and Zoanthropes can move unharrassed.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I agree with daboarder, do not overinvest into a single Synapse point. The Norn crown is a trap!

I would consider the miasma cannon on a Tervigon, because it allows me to keep a scoring unit far back, where I would like to keep it, and still get some offensive use out of it. I'm not sure it's worth the points, but at least it's a good concept to put a longer-range gun on a rear scoring unit that doesn't plan on advancing far. But only if my HS slots are filled, because you're better off buying more Biovores for long-range fire support until you run out of HS slots.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast