BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question about stat lines in the new tyranid rule book

Question about stat lines in the rule book. Are the extra attacks conferred by weapons included already?

After reading this rule it brought up this question for me: (Pg. 63)
    "Tyranid models must fight with two pairs of melee weapons to gain a bonus attack in close combat. For example a hormagaunt armed with a single pair of scything talons does not gain a bonus attack, but a ravener with two pair of scything talons, or a genestealer with a pair of rending claws and a pair of scything talons, does."

So, if a genestealer that has 2 attacks adds an upgrade for a scything talons he gets a 3rd attack. - that's fairly simple
    Also, it says a ravener should get a bonus attack - is that included already? (I would think so)

But, What if someone takes an upgrade that then looses the scything talons. should you subtract one from the stat line? Most of the time when you upgrade it is for trading a ranged weapon for a ranged weapon and a melee bio-weapon for a melee bio-weapon, but Under Monstrous Bio-cannons you trade scything talons for ranged weapons.

The +1 attack is added after the stat-line, so a genestealer should then get 3 attacks, 4 on the charge. Also, two pairs of rending claws gives +1 attack, so you do not need to ever buy scything talons, as they are useless now. Trading a pair of close combat weapons for a ranged weapon does make you lose the +1, but you never alter the stat-line.

Edit: Actually I guess genestealers only have Rending claws, not "two pairs" so that's rather lame. So if you want their +1 attack you do have to buy some fail talons. I compared their biomorphs to say raveners who list "two pairs of scything talons" so that would mean they only use one set of their arms if they don't have scything talons.
    Last edited by kublade; 01-13-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Chapter-Master

They are not included in the statline.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

No one mention the Chaos Characters and Marks, you'll only confuse the poor bloke.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Or Deff Dreads. >.>

This will all be cleared up in the Waargh Eight-pointed Gribble Supplement: the Ork, Chaos, 'Nid book.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by kublade View Post
    The +1 attack is added after the stat-line, so a genestealer should then get 3 attacks, 4 on the charge. Also, two pairs of rending claws gives +1 attack, so you do not need to ever buy scything talons, as they are useless now. Trading a pair of close combat weapons for a ranged weapon does make you lose the +1, but you never alter the stat-line.

Edit: Actually I guess genestealers only have Rending claws, not "two pairs" so that's rather lame. So if you want their +1 attack you do have to buy some fail talons. I compared their biomorphs to say raveners who list "two pairs of scything talons" so that would mean they only use one set of their arms if they don't have scything talons.
    Fail talons? What's wrong with you? You are gaining an attack!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

Reroll to hit is better, and they lost that, and a lot of stuff lost an attack that they previously had so the bonus attack doesn't gain you much. At least if you smash you get one more attack with most MCs.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Reroll to hit is better, and they lost that, and a lot of stuff lost an attack that they previously had so the bonus attack doesn't gain you much. At least if you smash you get one more attack with most MCs.
    I miss my tervigons being able to get 9 Smash attacks on the charge with crushing claws and warp speed...
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    I miss my tervigons being able to get 9 Smash attacks on the charge with crushing claws and warp speed...
    Oh, I wonder why the Tervigon got nerfed...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast