BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Reroll to hit is better, and they lost that, and a lot of stuff lost an attack that they previously had so the bonus attack doesn't gain you much. At least if you xsmash you get one more attack with most MCs.
    you only got to re-roll on 1s with genestealers... I'll take that extra attack, thank you.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Fail talons? What's wrong with you? You are gaining an attack!
    Regardless of gaining the +1 attack, they are fail talons now. Regardless of smaller creatures using them, for hormagants they are not fail talons, but for monstrous creatures, they are utterly completely useless. So genestealers do gain the benefit of +1 attack, but for 4 points per model you want with an extra attack? It seems rather ineffective, as genestealers are already going to find it hard to earn their keep in points, you'd have to be pretty lucky to get them in close combat for that +1 attack to matter. Only way I see spending the extra 4 points is the throw it on 4-5 out of 10 or so, and keep them in back so they die last.

Main point still being, they have four arms, they want us to just ignore those 2 extra arms unless we have scything talons. Good job GW.

Chapter-Master

you only got to re-roll on 1s with genestealers... I'll take that extra attack, thank you.
    Honestly, not really relevant on genestealers. They're massively overpriced bolter bait. What they can do in assault is pretty irrelevant if they can't reach assault. But, hey, at least the Horror is a funny little trick they can pull.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Hard to get shot when they are pinned...

Chapter-Master

It's only one unit, and it's not that reliable. And even then, a lot of units can still kill a unit of genestealers snap firing. It's not a bad power, but don't get too excited about it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's only one unit, and it's not that reliable. And even then, a lot of units can still kill a unit of genestealers snap firing. It's not a bad power, but don't get too excited about it.
    funny how you were just saying that for gargoyles only two would die to snap fire...
    I sense some inconsistencies in this one...

funny how you were just saying that for gargoyles only two would die to snap fire...
    I sense some inconsistencies in this one...
    Well, like all debates people are half right. He's is right that the lose of 2 Genestealer from overwatch is a lot harsher than the lose of 2 Gargoyles. And he is right that we just got trolled by GW in a couple units most notable the Trygon and Carnifex. " Hey, instead of stacking rules you can now stack bonus attack like everyone else... but the way we've reduce the number of attacks you get to compensate." And really that's the only thing about this codex I'm on GW about is that troll job. But Darklink, seeing as how most units can take 2 different types of weapons, re-rolling 1s is meaningless compared to +1 A, the only units that are really hurt by that is Hormagant and Trygon.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Broodingman87 View Post
    Well, like all debates people are half right. He's is right that the lose of 2 Genestealer from overwatch is a lot harsher than the lose of 2 Gargoyles. And he is right that we just got trolled by GW in a couple units most notable the Trygon and Carnifex. " Hey, instead of stacking rules you can now stack bonus attack like everyone else... but the way we've reduce the number of attacks you get to compensate." And really that's the only thing about this codex I'm on GW about is that troll job. But Darklink, seeing as how most units can take 2 different types of weapons, re-rolling 1s is meaningless compared to +1 A, the only units that are really hurt by that is Hormagant and Trygon.
    Exactly my point. well, except the 'trolling', because all the re-rolls were dumb a skunk. Why should Tyranids be the re-roll king? They are not *that* good in close combat. It's their numbers...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12