BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to have to spend a third of my army on a super heavy, nor do I want to have to design an army solely for the purpose of killing a super heavy.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

I bought a ticket to the March throne of skulls before they announced escalation. I play chaos, and Don't like the lord of battle (only way I'd buy it would be if I had a great conversion planned, and I've got more then enough things to assemble/paint).

It does spice the game up, and I'm still looking forward to throne of skulls, as I get to meet up with a bunch of people I haven't seen, and get to play new opponents in a lovely gaming hall.

Also considering I'll be scoring vs other chaos players, there will probably be fewer as people switch armies to ones with viable super heavies.

I feel sorry for eldar plays, as they can have the best super heavy, they will be scoring vs other players who may have brought them.

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post
    Thus my only recourse is to turn to Stronghold Assault and fortress up with as much defensive structures as I can and try and hide from the incoming storm. Hmm, I'm of the firm belief that nids can have defensive structures
    I completely agree with this, you only have to look up the Tyranid Bastion projects and Aegis Defence Lines that have been done Tyranid style to confirm that. I can easily see the Tyranids making a Void Shield Generator (A large circular structure with upper battlements and a large hollow proboscis snaking up to the sky to project a dome of psychic energy would make sense right?) to serve their needs.

For the life of me i cannot understand the non admission of FW lists and units from ToS now.
    A revenant or harridan is ok. A ws4 guardsman with a lasgun isnt.
    Mixing 4 different types of army together is fine and not confusing. Using a maureen list with an objective that penalises the owner isnt.
    Its just daft.
    Come on GW pull your finger out and finish opening the flood gates.
    Id actually go to ToS if i could take my astral claws.

Battle-Brother

Killbursta with the kannon upgrade running with some battle wagons I think

I have a Malcador... Fear my little proto-Russ!

Well. Since my last post on this thread, my request has been answered.
    So if i take a super this year it will be either a typhon or cerberus.
    If i take my tyrants legion it will be a gorgon.
    Huzzah for GW.

Ooh this is a first, one of my own threads got necro'd :P

Still not sure if I'm going to use a super heavy. Yet to buy either of the two expansions.
    Last edited by RGilbert26; 01-15-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123