BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyB View Post
    That's the problem I'm having. The faq states that they do occur "simultaneously". So if they do then how can you cast a power to a model that isn't supposed to be there in the first place. It says you choose what to do first but the main problem is the word "simultaneously". I'll assume it is just a player consensus to allow it to be done. I wish GO was clearer about what to do like warmachine is
    If your question is just about Scrier's gaze, then there is no issue. Your target is the psyker, not the unit off the board. You would not, however, be able to cast a power like endurance on a unit that just arrived from reserve, as once a unit starts moving onto the board, the "start of the movement phase" is over.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    If your question is just about Scrier's gaze, then there is no issue. Your target is the psyker, not the unit off the board. You would not, however, be able to cast a power like endurance on a unit that just arrived from reserve, as once a unit starts moving onto the board, the "start of the movement phase" is over.
    Not really, as you have to move reserves on before your actual movement. So it's still 'at the beginning' technically. You could choose to move them on then cast your powers if you wish. At least that's how I've always seen it played.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Not really, as you have to move reserves on before your actual movement. So it's still 'at the beginning' technically. You could choose to move them on then cast your powers if you wish. At least that's how I've always seen it played.
    The rules state that the rolling for reserves happens at the beginning, not the movement. Once you begin moving (which you have to do for newly arrived units first), the start of the phase is over.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12