BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Yea eldrad being a phoenix lord for farseers would make the story a lot more interesting and just much more in line with the pathway system.

Also kind of ties in with what happened with the Blackstone.

The soulstones he handed out contained previous 'hosts' of Eldrad. When he snuffed it, at least some survived. Recover his suit, reinstall, and you have at least some form of 'backup' Eldrad.

I quite like this theory!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So Eldrad Ulthran is the Phoenix Lord of Farseers and the Emperor is Tinkerbell.

Headcanon accepted!
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The thing with 40k The World vs. 40k The Game is what we play is technically an extreme exception to the rule.
    We don't play out on the tabletop the battles where a Ork mob has to run 10km on foot while the Imperial Guard pummels them with artillery the whole way.
    We don't play out on the tabletop the instances where the Dark Eldar fall out of the Webway onto an unprotected ag-colony of helpless twits and play "who can kick Farmer John's head furthers off his shoulders"
    We don't play out on the tabletop where a planetary governor goes "y'know, Chaos doesn't sound like that bad a deal" and then a Drop Pod full of Ultramarines smashes down into his garden and he receives reeducation-by-bolter.

Large, face-to-face slugfests are not something anybody (save maybe Tyranids and Khorn Berzerkers) wants to have happen, but sometimes they happen anyway, which is what we play out.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So Eldrad Ulthran is the Phoenix Lord of Farseers and the Emperor is Tinkerbell.

Headcanon accepted!
    This was sooo worth starting the post for,(there's a sig in there somewhere lol) a true gem! =D
    And TBH headcanon for me as well, i quite like the idea of eldrad being a Phoenix Lord, it all kind of makes sense now.
    Last edited by MrBo; 01-29-2014 at 09:26 AM.

You is welcome,

Signed,

My Brain.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Kill spiritual liege UM fanwank.
    Revert necrons to terminator-ness (keep some of the new units though!)
    Make drago less mary sue-ish
    De-homogenise chaos so that each legion is a bit different-er in the codex (option for legion-terminators, options for NL terror, IW artillery etc)
    Leave far sight enclaves as a footnote (you can take far sight in a tau army to represent an enclave, the end)
    Remove sisters as the punching bag of the fluff writers. Integrate them with black templars in a 'witch hunters' codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototoxin View Post
    Integrate them with black templars in a 'witch hunters' codex.
    Oh **** no. Leave BT where they are and give the SoB their own book. They have no more business being together than the SoB and Inquisition did.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Grey knights, deathwatch, assassins, inquisitors etc should go back to an Imperial agents type book of single units that can ally with any imperial codex
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 01-29-2014 at 09:53 AM.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Yea eldrad being a phoenix lord for farseers would make the story a lot more interesting and just much more in line with the pathway system.
    Doesn't this mean he's an animated suit of armor that is also filled with crystal? 'cause that would be kind of fun and 40k is totally serious business.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast