BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I don't know if you can make longbeards with the warriors. I only know that there were metal longbeards. But they seem to be taken down from the website. In fact much has been taken down (book, gyrocopters and ironbreakers). I hope they will redo the slayers also, never was a fan of their design. But the fact that they are still on the website is not a great sign.
    Ah, nice observation, haven't checked the page for missing units for a while. It's certainly good that the army book is gone, concerning the rumors of a shift to WD releases etc. Ironbreakers gone is fantastic as well, they deserve to be the coolest looking Dwarves around. And a dual-kit would mean a new heavily armored unit, nice! New Gyrokopter could be single-kit or squadron (or dual kit with war ballon or so!). There are also almost no engineers left, I could very well imagine a nice engineer multi-plastic kit. And on top of it a nice new war machine, would all make perfect sense. Concerning Slayers: Yeah, new plastic Slayers were overdue. Should they not come, look for AoWs Slayers. They are quite decent.

Slayers got a new bundle Deal at GWs site (by the way preorders are up now), seems they stay the way they are, but who knows, with GWs more flexible release strategy, we might not have to wait 9 years or more for them to get an update. Stuff looks fine. I am very to tempted to get into WHF again, but I will wait for the 2nd week of releases for Dwarfs.

Battle-Brother

Games Workshop just went live with the new miniatures in the WHFB pre-order section. The price for the slayers regiment is £80 [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod2380 273a[/url]

I was under the impression that these new releases was all going to be plastic these just seem to be the metal (Fine cast?) Miniatures we had already how dissapointing. Unless they will be done in plastic at a later date?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerpanda View Post
    Games Workshop just went live with the new miniatures in the WHFB pre-order section. The price for the slayers regiment is £80 [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod2380 273a[/url]

I was under the impression that these new releases was all going to be plastic these just seem to be the metal (Fine cast?) Miniatures we had already how dissapointing. Unless they will be done in plastic at a later date?
    The new release is all plastic but the slayers are still the old sculpts (metal). Its a great sign to see the new heroes/lords in plastic because its safe to say finecast is gone.

Librarian

The rules for iron hammer are lacking a bit. Doesn't even say what armour save he has.

Edit. At a guess its gromril.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    The rules for iron hammer are lacking a bit. Doesn't even say what armour save he has.

Edit. At a guess its gromril.
    Safe bet. I i am really tempted to buy the new thorgrim book. It may contain some spoilers for the next two releases.

I love the Dragon Slayer. I don't care what anyone says, the GW plastic characters are really worth the money now that they are exploiting the extra layers and posing hte material allows.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I love the Dragon Slayer. I don't care what anyone says, the GW plastic characters are really worth the money now that they are exploiting the extra layers and posing hte material allows.
    Completely agree. Not seen a single plastic that hasn't been a good looking model
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Nice that the hammers kit is thirty pounds rather than thirty five, maybe GW realised the mistake they made with pricing the Witch Elf kit that high? Though having said that I do wonder if the price of that kit wasn't due to the rumoured finer tooling machines they needed to purchase to produce the moulds.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Justus Ackermann View Post
    Concerning Slayers: Yeah, new plastic Slayers were overdue. Should they not come, look for AoWs Slayers. They are quite decent.
    All of AoW stuff is nice. I have several of their character models and will likely do any WFB purchasing from them going forward. $50 for 10 plastic models is not in my price range.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast