BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ignores cover.

Chaplain

The term "rolling to wound" is a general term used in the 6th edition game rules applied to both vehicles and non vehicles(the term was also used in 5th edition ruleset as well), non-vehicles roll to wound on the wound table, vehicles roll for Armor Penetration to wound, reference sections detailing the steps you resolve things illustrate this in back of the rulebook. Ignores Cover, as it implies ignores all forms of cover saves vehicular and non vehicular.

Chapter-Master

So... poison "wounds" vehicles on a 4+?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Nice
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    ^ Everyone always forgets this
    I don't forget it; I just don't find it persuasive. The argument is, "If A must be done exactly as if B were C, then C is treated exactly as B." And that's simply untrue.

Brother-Captain

Only whilst one is doing A, as we are in this case.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I don't forget it; I just don't find it persuasive. The argument is, "If A must be done exactly as if B were C, then C is treated exactly as B." And that's simply untrue.
    Jesus christ it ****s me to tears every time someone makes that claim

25+ years of precedent, GW faqs, erata, and clarifications let us know,

COUNTS AS, AS IF or LIKE = IS!
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-02-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    RAW in the BRB PG75 "If the target is obscured and suffers a glancing or penetrating hit, it must take a cover save against it, exactly like a non-vehicle model would do against a wound"
    That to me says that ignores cover most definitely ignores obscured.
    This just says that vehicles take cover saves, which i think every one agrees with.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Jesus christ it ****s me to tears every time someone makes that claim

25+ years of precedent, GW faqs, erata, and clarifications let us know,

COUNTS AS, AS IF or LIKE = IS!
    Page 38 BRB

Cover saves cannot be taken against Wounds caused by a weapon with the Ignores Cover special rule.

I see no As, As if or Like. The only times i can think armor penetrations work like wounds are for taking cover saves, as above, invulnerable saves as FAQ, and for determining who won combat.

Now i also believe that vehicles can't take cover saves for penetrations/glances from said weapons with Ignore Cover, but i do see why people would want to take them.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by asuryan View Post
    page 38 brb

cover saves cannot be taken against wounds caused by a weapon with the ignores cover special rule.

I see no as, as if or like. The only times i can think armor penetrations work like wounds are for taking cover saves, as above, invulnerable saves as faq, and for determining who won combat.

Now i also believe that vehicles can't take cover saves for penetrations/glances from said weapons with ignore cover, but i do see why people would want to take them.
    brb:75
    if the target is obscured and suffers a glancing
    or penetrating hit, it must take a cover save against it,
    exactly like a non-vehicle model would do against a
    wound
    edit: its right there in the rulebook nabertayls argument is not only ridiculous its the worst kind of rules twisting.
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-03-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Considering the rule for Poisoned in the BRB specifically states in the rule Poisoned "has no effect on against vehicles" um nope, why add that to the special rule description, simple because they already used the terminology in multiple areas of the rules as "The roll to wound" even when referring to vehicles, where they differentiate is what table or method the roll to wound is resolved (pg. 427).

Yes the "Roll to Wound" vs vehicles is determined via the same to wound die pools separated by weapon strength, and special rules and additionally based on armor facing, and is resolved via Armor Penetration result or other effects as appropriate, but as far as the rules are concerned its still considered a roll to wound(even though vehicles don't have a Wound rating the rules still refer to the roll determining Armor Penetration as the same thing, and have since 5th edition)

Chaplain

The easiest way to resolve this would be to change the wording of the Ignores Cover Special Rule to...

Cover saves cannot be taken against HITS caused by weapons with the ignores cover special rule.

But we all know that's not likely to happen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast