BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

I want that Engineer!! :O

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The pic I posted? Thought it was the Ironbreakers on account of the full masks for all of them 'cept the offisah.
    Oh, of course! You are definitely right, those are the new Ironbreakers. Hmm, so if the Engineer, the Gyros, the Runesmith and the Book are due next week, that would leave "only" the Ironbreakers for the third week. Maybe there is even more coming?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Justus Ackermann View Post
    Oh, of course! You are definitely right, those are the new Ironbreakers. Hmm, so if the Engineer, the Gyros, the Runesmith and the Book are due next week, that would leave "only" the Ironbreakers for the third week. Maybe there is even more coming?
    There are still a few things that need plastic. Bolt Thrower and Grudge thrower would make an excellent dual kit. Plastic Slayers are desperately needed... They also need a Plastic Anvil kit, and supposedly rumor said there was one (dual kit of some kind). Flame Cannon needs a remake.

And I cant think of anything else. Hopefully more plastics are released. At the rate the Dwarfs are turning out, if they add more plastics, I'll get myself a Dwarf army.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by chrisloomis13 View Post
    As a long time Dwarf player and fan I like what I see, but couldn't help but think of this when I saw the new Gyro

Attachment 7154
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSNFELAm3dw"]Same here, Chris. Same here.[/URL]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrRobotnikEdit.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	7159
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Having taken a look at the sprues, those definitely aren't the Longbeards. That standard option isn't on the sprues.

I'm beyond thrilled with this. Excellent, excellent stuff. Best new fantasy sculpts in a while!

I'll confess I hated the gyrocopter at first, but it's growing on me...

Chapter-Master

So I'm guessing 'dwarf-crafted' must be an army special rule. I wonder what that does?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    So I'm guessing 'dwarf-crafted' must be an army special rule. I wonder what that does?
    +10% price at trendy markets.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I've never once read the old Dwarven codex, but from what I understand it was some kind of +1 to hit bonus.

I'm going to say right now, I've been turned by this release. I wasn't going to pay it any mind (I'm more of an Elf person) but gee, the new models, stacking runes with magic items and so on is really great. Also, I think the limited edition cover, while the simplest they've done, is also the most fitting. The others have all been some kind of artwork, the Dwarf one actually just looks like a Dwarven book equivalent. But seriously, four pages of runes plus magic items? Surely that's got to be the most customization available in an 8th Edition army book for characters? That's what I love about Fantasy - customizing characters - and it sounds like Dwarves can do it more than anyone.

Too bad the prices look pretty "eh"; $70 AUD for Hammerers/Longbeards
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 02-06-2014 at 03:33 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I've never once read the old Dwarven codex, but from what I understand it was some kind of +1 to hit bonus.

I'm going to say right now, I've been turned by this release. I wasn't going to pay it any mind (I'm more of an Elf person) but gee, the new models, stacking runes with magic items and so on is really great. Also, I think the limited edition cover, while the simplest they've done, is also the most fitting. The others have all been some kind of artwork, the Dwarf one actually just looks like a Dwarven book equivalent. But seriously, four pages of runes plus magic items? Surely that's got to be the most customization available in an 8th Edition army book for characters? That's what I love about Fantasy - customizing characters - and it sounds like Dwarves can do it more than anyone.

Too bad the prices look pretty "eh"; $70 AUD for Hammerers/Longbeards
    Dwarves do have a lot of customization but they dont have acces to the basic rule book items. I love the artbook, its really striking. The prices really don´t surprise me anymore (I can live with it).

The painting choice of the gyrocopter/bomber is really awful. The engineer is a bit to busy for my taste but the runemaster is gorgeous. Ironbreakers look awesome (irondragons need better pictures before judgement). The release so far is absolutely great. Curious to see if we get 2 or 3 kits with the last wave (ironbreakers, tunneler/canon device..? and ...?).

And hats off to GW for managing to have a Fantasy setting Airship which looks like it might just work, as opposed to most Steampunk stuff.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast