BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by faeit212
    via a Must Remain Anonymous Source on Faeit 212 ****
    Dwarven Rules:
    Ancestral Grudge - hatred Skaven/Greenskins; everyone else has a chart.
    Dwarf Made - Re rolls
    Resolute - +1 Strength on the charge
    Relentless - no leadership for marching close to an enemy
    Shieldwall - +1 parry when charged

Warriors: Stayed the same but with the new rules above.
    Thunders/Quarrlers: +1 point, with new rules above and heavy armor
    Longbeards: new rules above + old longbeard rules, +1 point, no longer 1 unit for every unit of warriors.

Hammers: don't remember points but looked the same; if general is present in unit, any, ANY model can accept a challenge.
    Iron Breakers: pretty much the same, +1 parry bonus always!, stacks with Shieldwall rule, so 4+ ward save if charged!

Gyrobomber thing: in movement phase can drop bombs (place large blast, scatter, if it still hits a unit it passed over then resolve wounds, scatter from the center hole again with a small blast as bomb bounces). In the shooting phase it can shoot its cannon.

New Unit (Rare): Good stat line, Irondrakes (I think that was the name), handheld flame cannon (str5, 18", armor piercing, dwarf made, flaming attacks, ), they also have armor gromil-proven armor (I think) that gives 4+/6+ward/2+ward vs. flaming attacks.

Added characters: (2) seen in white dwarf weekly, Ungrim Slayer-King, Joseph Bugman, High King Thorgrim, don't remember if Thorek is in there.

So a bit of an update. These are torn from the pages of the book that is due February 15th. I cannot post the images to keep my source safe, Natfka safe, etc.

No plastic slayers. This doesn't mean they aren't coming (because we don't have finecast versions and still metal) in plastic; just means that at the time of the books production they were not ready or painted. We have seen this before.
    Shieldwall would be awesome! Ironbreakers with 3+/4++ getting charged? oO. shooting units with Heavy Armour is very good, Longbeards would definitely win over clanwarriors. Irondrakes sound very nice! Hammerers nice rule, but what about 2 attacks?

Chapter-Master

Hmm, that all sounds pretty swell. Dwarves are going to be tough little sods to stomp.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Scout

I saw the Hammerer/Longbeards and thought "I'll pick some up, later, maybe" Now...I'm probably gonna order the limited Edition book and grab me some of them copters, even if I haven't brought my Dwarves out of their boxes in two years. Between this and my growing Epirote phalanx, it looks like my yearly model budget is mostly bespoke.
    Thunder rumbles, the fires burn-
    And Finrod fell before the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    So I'm guessing 'dwarf-crafted' must be an army special rule. I wonder what that does?
    It is likely the old Dwarf Handgun rule renamed, i.e. +1 to hit. This way they can just give the rule to any Dwarf blackpowder weapon and not have to answer the question of what constitutes a Dwarf "handgun."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Hmm, that all sounds pretty swell. Dwarves are going to be tough little sods to stomp.
    Stomping is the easy bit. You can't parry a good bit of boot leather!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Well I hope that the gun engineer is another version of Burlock Damminson. Sad that the gun gyro < bomber gyro.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    Well I hope that the gun engineer is another version of Burlock Damminson. Sad that the gun gyro < bomber gyro.
    What do you mean by better? I think both serve a different role, also do we know what the gun gyro does?

Not at all convinced by the +1 S on the charge....Stunties would then be ridiculously tough, stupidly hard hitting, and really accurate.

Just don't see them getting all three. Mind you, they do have a track record of Dwarfs having absolutely no drawbacks ever.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not at all convinced by the +1 S on the charge....Stunties would then be ridiculously tough, stupidly hard hitting, and really accurate.

Just don't see them getting all three. Mind you, they do have a track record of Dwarfs having absolutely no drawbacks ever.
    Agreed, there seem to much special rules. Also giving bonuses to charge and being charged seems silly. Of course these charge bonuses could be unit specific (slayers +1 str charge seems fine). But this rumour sounds a bit far fatched to me. Re rolling with dwarven crafted weapons is ridiculous. Hatred would be useless aswell the new sc engineer abilities.

Librarian

I have been drooling over the rune lord but it struck me. Why can't I make him my dwarf lord ( using both hammer arms ). What do you think. Look cool or meh ?
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast