BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default see GW "found" more copies of Space Hulk?

looky here: [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=6600015a[/url]

Turns out it wasn't as limited edition as we all thought...??

Maybe they saw how much copies were fetching on eBay?

Banned

Well it's only coming up in stock for the U.S.A. webstore, not the UK or Australian, so I doubt there is some great conspiracy at work here. Maybe if they found some lurking in the back of every warehouse in every country...

The Dark Mechanic

Space Hulk is limited edition in that there was only one print run and there are no more planned for the moment. However, what hasn't been sold is still sitting around, apparently some in the warehouse as well as quite a few in GW stores. GW North America still has a lot of copies sitting around on store shelves in GW retail shops. However, those copies are to be liquidated in one manner or another within the next few weeks. For those people who hesitated to buy Space Hulk so far they are lucky that it didn't completely sell out already, but I wouldn't wait forever. There's a possibility that the copies in GW stores due to be liquidated may be destroyed rather than sold. Unsold inventory costs corporations tax dollars, so if they can't get good money for it they sometimes recycle.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 12-04-2009 at 02:23 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chaplain

My guess is they kept some for the holiday shoppers.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Battle-Brother

Sounds like they're bull****ters to me. Good @ it to some degree. I'd believe them if I was a child.

Sad that you must live with so much dislike. Perhaps GW is not a world consuming evil empire and ... just makes mistakes?
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Veteran-Sergeant

I called this at the start.

Brother-Captain

Limited Ed in as stated above, only one print run. That doesn't mean that the first print run wasn't HUGE! Any company can say limited on something as long as they don't have plans for it in the future. They could do 3 print runs and still call it limited in that they don't have future print runs scheduled.

John M>

Awesome, I love that they release more after I spent $170 on ebay because the store I ordered one from didn't get enough to cover the orders and didn't let me know for 2 weeks, after GW had 'run out'.

But what am I gonna do, play warmachine?

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by bryce963 View Post
    Awesome, I love that they release more after I spent $170 on ebay because the store I ordered one from didn't get enough to cover the orders and didn't let me know for 2 weeks, after GW had 'run out'.

But what am I gonna do, play warmachine?
    $170 on Ebay? That's your stores fault. I can still find boxes here locally on the shelf. Maybe I should be buying them and reselling them. Didn't know they were going up that high.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast