BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    You now have to play nids in the way nids are supposed to act, thats a good thing. Nids are nids, play something else if you want a different play style. Think of new things rather than being stuck in the way of playing you've had for the last 4 years.
    You need to read more fluff.....

Nids eating themselves whe the synapse dies? Thats not been a thing before.

Hyper mutability is though.....but .......

And please stop accusing everyone of being hung up on the old book.
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-11-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

In better news, though, Tau did very poorly at the tournament as well, likely due to the massive amounts of LOS blocking terrain (which, btw, would be a factor greatly in the nids favor in most games).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

One of the best things I've heard about the LVO guys is that they're properly aware of the necessity of a good quantity and variety of terrain, including LOS blocking stuff. The game doesn't work properly without proper terrain~
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

In fact, if there was a problem with their terrain, it was that there was almost too much. Certain armies, like the DE Beastpack, could run from one LOS blocking Ruin to the next with impunity. Eldar Jetbikes could do the same, and they were effectively impossible to kill until they jumped onto an objective T5-7. So it wasn't perfect, but it was vastly better than any other tournament I've ever been to.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

According to Torrent of Fire, the top Primary armies by win percent are...

1.Eldar (62.96%)
    2.Tau Empire (61.28%)
    3.Chaos Daemons (58.53%)
    4.Necrons (55.32%)
    5.Tyranids 6e (54.76%)

Given that this was an untested book means two things to me: One, opponents weren't prepared, two, no one has really deciphered the book. Some people will develop "the list" for Nids, and opponents will adjust for it, but right now they did just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    You need to read more fluff.....

Nids eating themselves whe the synapse dies? Thats not been a thing before.

Hyper mutability is though.....but .......

And please stop accusing everyone of being hung up on the old book.
    The "eating themselves" is really rare, its not like all gants are sitting there chewing on themselves for the full game, the odds of it happening aren't that significant at all. And fluff-wise, they have no real conciousness, thats in the fluff, they're dumb as anything and will attack any living being they see to assimilate bio-matter for the Hive Mind unless they're within synapse, so yeah, it fits that, if the hive mind is careless enough to let them fall out of synapse range, then they're going to attack whatever they see, which might be another gant.

You are getting hung up on the old book, the internet had figured out the win button for nids, they'd worked out the optimum army to take and so net-list people used that in net-list competitive games, no one has figured out the auto-includes for this book, possibly because it isn't that simple and needs more skill as a player to do well with, and so they've declared that its a useless book, its not, there are a lot of interesting, fluff and quite competitive things you can do with it.

Chapter-Master

Them eating themselves is half the time a feed unit is out of synapse and fails IB..not rare Oh and you appraisal of nid 'intelligence" contradicts the background you think they supposedly currently represent. (seriously how was the anphelion project a thing if your correct)

And as for my attitude on the old book. Well go read my tactics thread because your wrong there too

edit: elaborating,

This is of course the puroose of this thread, At what point will you and those who share your opinion be satisfied in the communities appraisal of the book.

We are always told, wait for the book, play the book, play the book more, the book isn't bad if you jump through hoops X,Y,Z.

How long do we have to wait? For the 5th ed book we had to wait for a whole new edition change that gave us a boost before that portion of the community would admit that the 5th ed book had been a pie of crap. Then all those boosts get taken away and it serves us right.

So the question is as posted, WHEN, if ever will people be satisfied with the community appraisal of this book.

Can you think of a worse set of books save modifier?
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-11-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    The "eating themselves" is really rare, its not like all gants are sitting there chewing on themselves for the full game, the odds of it happening aren't that significant at all. And fluff-wise, they have no real conciousness, thats in the fluff, they're dumb as anything and will attack any living being they see to assimilate bio-matter for the Hive Mind unless they're within synapse, so yeah, it fits that, if the hive mind is careless enough to let them fall out of synapse range, then they're going to attack whatever they see, which might be another gant.

You are getting hung up on the old book, the internet had figured out the win button for nids, they'd worked out the optimum army to take and so net-list people used that in net-list competitive games, no one has figured out the auto-includes for this book, possibly because it isn't that simple and needs more skill as a player to do well with, and so they've declared that its a useless book, its not, there are a lot of interesting, fluff and quite competitive things you can do with it.
    What are some of the interesting and competitive things you have noticed thus far? So far I haven't heard anybody say WHY they think the nid book is anything other than a sub standard piece of work.

The chance for Ld6 Feed bugs (e.g. Hormagaunts, Raveners) to eat themselves is 29%.

Simply put: the book would be more flexible, stronger, and all around more fun if Synapse and IB were simply deleted. They are a huge disadvantage, without the concomitant reduction in points.

Chapter-Master

Synapse is fine, its no different to ATSKNF, Mob rules, Daemonic morale. The problem isn't that they exist its that the current IB is crippling in comparison to the minor buff that is synapse. The opponent should want to remove synapse because it BUFFS the tyranids, nto because by removing it they are crippled.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast