BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by George Labour View Post
    D weapons instant killing any nin vejicle that they hit is one I run into a lot. Very few people seem to have actually read the new chart and simply go off of exaggerated internet rumors or the old apocalyps rules.

D3+1 wounds is the most common result though. Much to my friend's relief and my warhounds' eternal annoyance.
    It's D3+3.

The charts and rules inn three different books say D3+1 and I'm not seeing any errata on the shrine of knowledge. So do you have a eference that says otherwise?

D weapons instant killing any nin vejicle that they hit is one I run into a lot. Very few people seem to have actually read the new chart and simply go off of exaggerated internet rumors or the old apocalyps rules.

D3+1 wounds is the most common result though. Much to my friend's relief and my warhounds' eternal annoyance.
    That's not wounds on the 'unit' though, that's wounds on each and every model under the template, so if you have 10 marines and they get hit by a D weapon, the chances are still good that 9 of them will die. The only survivors will be the dudes that roll a '1' and jump out of the way.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

The charts and rules inn three different books say D3+1 and I'm not seeing any errata on the shrine of knowledge. So do you have a eference that says otherwise?
    You're correct, it's d3+1 unless you happen to roll a 6.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    That's not wounds on the 'unit' though, that's wounds on each and every model under the template, so if you have 10 marines and they get hit by a D weapon, the chances are still good that 9 of them will die. The only survivors will be the dudes that roll a '1' and jump out of the way.
    I'm afraid that's going to require you to quote some errata as well.

Going by what is actually written in the entries in all three books D weapon hits are not wounds. Rather it specifically says to roll on the chart instead of rolling to wound or to penetrate. It also specifically says model, not unit or remaining models within a unit. So each roll on that chart can only kill one model at a time.

EDIT: Essentially you roll to see what happens to the model, and then apply the effect. You're not actually rolling to wound nor to penetrate its armor as you would with a traditional attack.
    Last edited by George Labour; 02-21-2014 at 06:22 PM.

That's more or less what I'm saying, you have the marker for e.g., then for each model under it you roll on the table, on a 1 that model gets out of the way, on a 2 up with only 1 wound he's a goner. So 10 models is 10 rolls on that table and each 2 up is a model removed. that's how it works. It doesn't need errata as it's simply worded. Hence why it says 'model' not unit. So if only 1 model is under that marker, only 1 model can die from the D class weapon.

My apologies then.

I had read that to quickly and thought you were saying that each time I did D3+1, or D6+6 wounds that the entire unit took those wounds instead of what the book actually says. It seems we were both on the same page, and I simply need to only read forum posts when I have more than two minutes to do replies for them. XD

However my point was that I often run into those saying D weapons instantly remove any and every model they hit, unless a 1 is rolled. For some reason a lot of folks simply refuse to believe it works the way it (now) does.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    That's more or less what I'm saying, you have the marker for e.g., then for each model under it you roll on the table, on a 1 that model gets out of the way, on a 2 up with only 1 wound he's a goner. So 10 models is 10 rolls on that table and each 2 up is a model removed. that's how it works. It doesn't need errata as it's simply worded. Hence why it says 'model' not unit. So if only 1 model is under that marker, only 1 model can die from the D class weapon.
    Actually incorrect in most cases the Roll to Wound is applied model to model the same way as any attack of its type is applied, example a D weapon shooting is applied to the closest model in the unit first, a Blast that covers 6 targets even 6 towards the back of the target unit is resolved against the 6 closest models in the unit hit first, attacks resolved using a Barrage rules such as Vortex weapons are from the center of the marker outwards, and Assault would be models in base contact first

Nowhere in D weapon rules does it say you change from the standard methods of allocating wounds just what table you roll on to determine what result occurred for each hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Actually incorrect in most cases the Roll to Wound is applied model to model the same way as any attack of its type is applied, example a D weapon shooting is applied to the closest model in the unit first, a Blast that covers 6 targets even 6 towards the back of the target unit is resolved against the 6 closest models in the unit hit first, attacks resolved using a Barrage rules such as Vortex weapons are from the center of the marker outwards, and Assault would be models in base contact first

Nowhere in D weapon rules does it say you change from the standard methods of allocating wounds just what table you roll on to determine what result occurred for each hit.
    I find it funny that this is the 2nd time in a row John has said something and had someone misread his post or such, and then state their interpretation of the rule which in both cases are correct, but also they are the same as what John has said.

Conclusion: John should stop posting and confusing people.

Cheers, I wasn't implying it changes allocation, just you make a roll for 'each model' under the template, of course you take the closest unless of course it's a barrage, in which case you do the ones nearest the centre first. I had a headache and was tired at the time, sorry.
    edit: and of course if it's CC then yes it's the dude(s) in Base contact first.
    Last edited by John Bower; 02-23-2014 at 08:04 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast