BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

It's movement is another reason why I don't like the inclusion of D-weapons. If deployed in such a way, its possible to be in someones face and smashing it into oblivion on turn one.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    It's movement is another reason why I don't like the inclusion of D-weapons. If deployed in such a way, its possible to be in someones face and smashing it into oblivion on turn one.
    Not sure off the top of my head, as it's not been an issue with people I play as nothing gets into assault range first turn, but aren't first turn assaults no longer allowed?
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

only for the first player turn
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

This is a common misconception.

Units that Scout move or Infiltrate are specifically barred from first turn assaults. Nowhere else in the rules is anything else barred from first turn assaults. Everything else is allowed to assault Turn One, it's just mechanically impossible in most scenarios.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I've had people scout right in front of Draigo and friends and I warn them "you know I can assault you, right", and they've still done it. Whatever, free movement for me and I start the game up a kill point/first blood.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

In regards to the 'fluffiness' of allies. It's worth remembering that the Knight worlds are not entirely part of the Imperium. It's better to think of them as having the kind of Independence that Forge Worlds, some Astartes realms, and even (select) rogue trader domains can enjoy. They are partners, not subjects. Unless they change a LOT of the background..again.

Heck I can just imagine some random cryptek deciding he wants to put on a massive grimdark (space zombie robot) version of 'battlebots' and using Necron tech to hijack a handful just to show how great he is. Then of course there's always the cliched slow, but damning, seduction to the side of Chaos that ends up dragging so many from The Emperor's light.

So a justification can be made for anything.

So my prediction they'll be Battle Brothers with IG, maybe Tau and MAYBEEEE Space marines but less than that for everyone else. Tyrannids...will likely still not get them, but at least there's always Apocalypse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    Father Gabe says
    Looks good to me.

Chaos players do not fret. I'm sure we'll see hellknights soon enough, and they will be awesomer because they won't just be "Imperial Knights with spikes on." You will love them. I'm almost certain.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I Reckon we'll be waiting as long for hellknights as we have been for legion rules.......

and when we do get them.....hellbrute......

well GW has just lost another 700 or so dollars with some inane loyalist love decision.

so far the tally for the last 2 months is GW not getting over a $1000 from me because they cant sort their **** out. My wallet on the other hand is having the time of its life.
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-26-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    Father Gabe says
    Any hints about if Baron/Lancer are in 'dex? Or just Errant and Paladin?
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I Reckon we'll be waiting as long for hellknights as we have been for legion rules.......

and when we do get them.....hellbrute......

well GW has just lost another 700 or so dollars with some inane loyalist love decision.

so far the tally for the last 2 months is GW not getting over a $1000 from me because they cant sort their **** out. My wallet on the other hand is having the time of its life.
    I agree pretty big BS chaos doesnt get one......or hell we don't get ANYTHING we can allie with that much fire power. (Or anything but Belakor that will win in a 1 on 1 fight..)
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast