BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by PoliticalOfficerKrad View Post
    I hope that stupid truck thing is not real. That is the most hideous thing I have seen in some time. It share no aesthetic themes with any existing IG models. I am sorely disappointed in it.
    Yes it is ugly as sin but will work wonderfully as a ork battlewagon with a deffrolla and further orkification.

Librarian

I think the new truck looks like a riot vehicle, its not a great vehicle but it has the look that it could take some damage and deliver people in the eye of the storm.

Actually, what has me looking at a hoax, or at least something fishy, is the $48 price-point. GW tends to standardize things, and the current tank price-points are $37.25 (Chimera/Rhino) or $49.50 (Leman Russ). The tracks are the same design as those used on the Chimera, and if they're the same size, it makes the model larger than a Leman Russ by a fair bit. Just doesn't seem to add up.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    Militarum Tempestus is the Storm Trooper part of the Schola Progenium maybe?
    I should think it's just the Segmentum Tempestus branch of the Astra Militarum.

I think the Taurox is lovely!

Librarian

Remember when people said the hell brute was a hoax?

Battle-Brother

Love those new stormtroopers. mix of the old 2E berets and the Kasrkin is balls-out awesome. Not militarily efficient, per se, but awesome.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    I'm not saying they stole the design from He-Man, but they totally stole the design from He-Man:

Thank you, I could not find a picture of this thing.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Beamo View Post
    Love those new stormtroopers. mix of the old 2E berets and the Kasrkin is balls-out awesome. Not militarily efficient, per se, but awesome.
    Yeah, let me lug all of this armor around... now where's the floppy hat for my head because no way am I wearing one of those ugly helmets!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    2nd Reiteration: Fun facts - the name "Astra Militarum" is actually a slight *******ization of a rank held by an officer of the ancient Roman Legions, the Magister Militarum, which just meant "Master of Infantry".

This could be taken as a sign of two things: (a) GW has no real clue as to the etymology of the Latin it uses and *******izes in the name of Coolness or (b) it might show intent to make the new IG codex more oriented towards infantry and less mechanized (or at least a stronger ability to do so).

Wish-listing: I want to have the ability to take Conscript Squads as troop choices without the requirement of taking a Platoon.
    The stock GW answer when people point out their latin is wrong:
    [High] Gothic is not Latin
    If the codex is more infantry focused it gives way for a supplemntary codex to be tank focused perhaps.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 37 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast