BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Kit Suggestions for Pure Hobby Project

Hello BoLS. I'm likely going to be giving up the game-playing portion of Warhammer 40K soon, due to the fact that I'm just straight up not having fun with it. I won't go into the reasons why, since that is another topic for another thread. But I have a question for you lovely folks.

I still love the building and painting aspect of the hobby. I can spend hours putting things together, painting them, and I use it for stress relief and something to keep me occupied. So, with that in mind, what are some of the best kits GW has just for the purpose of building and painting them? I know there are some models that people talk about that have terrible rules but awesome models, so if you guys could throw some suggestions my way I'd really appreciate it.

Occuli Imperator

If you are looking for a hobby project maybe go big forgeworld style. Everyone love titans, failing that how about some of the large standar gw ones, the knights, or wraithknight, or even dreadknight.

Isotope99 and Blackadder have various threads concerning thier hobby builds.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

I second forge world, and I also paint/assemble kits for a similar reason to you as it helps ease my anxiety and stress for some reason. I also find fully converted armies to be VERY rewarding and enjoyable to do, I did things like Enslavers and admech that worship necrons ect. Stuff like that can really help your mood I find.