BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master

Also didn't Sanguinius help the Emperor a bit by softening ole meany-pants up before the Emperor got there?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

But you know, I think the thing that bothers me about the idea of the Emperor failing to kill ____ many carnifexes isn't in finding the number that goes in that blank. It's why the Emperor would be in that position in the first place. Like, I don't want an Emperor who can stand in the barrel of a defense laser while it's being fired and walk out alive, but I also don't want an Emperor who is standing in the barrel of a defense laser in the first place. I find using "This dude can fight ____ many ____'s and win" as a shorthand for "this dude is hard as nails" kind of boring and juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Also didn't Sanguinius help the Emperor a bit by softening ole meany-pants up before the Emperor got there?
    And the Emperor had his arm tore off, so I'd say it's still a fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    But you know, I think the thing that bothers me about the idea of the Emperor failing to kill ____ many carnifexes isn't in finding the number that goes in that blank. It's why the Emperor would be in that position in the first place. Like, I don't want an Emperor who can stand in the barrel of a defense laser while it's being fired and walk out alive, but I also don't want an Emperor who is standing in the barrel of a defense laser in the first place. I find using "This dude can fight ____ many ____'s and win" as a shorthand for "this dude is hard as nails" kind of boring and juvenile.
    At the beginning of the Crusade he was very often in the first wave... Horus had to save him from the orcs at Gorro for example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12