BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You have numbers?
    As "most gaming groups" is highly subjective. From 50+ players I know there is only a handful of wich a) actually possess bigger FW pieces or b) dont bother playing against them c) actually have some of the rulebooks.
    Oddly enough there are even some who have models and rules but dont want to play with/against FW.
    In three separate cities, I've never had a problem playing with any FW that I wanted to play with.

I have even played a 2500 point game with one model on my side and my opponents were enthusiastic about playing against it.

The people who refuse to play against FW units just because they are FW units, are the players that should be eviscerated on an altar of their own stupidity.

There are so many more broken crazy units in GW codexes than in all the FW rules.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

To be honest thats an attitude lacking empathy and promoting cheap business tricks. But I guess thats ok as many ppl nowadays have that attitude.
    Cheap business tricks? Can you show me one piece of GW marketing that seemed targeted at tricking Chaos players into buying an Imperial Knight?

Yes, in the fluff (and old epic releases) there are fallen knights. It's quite likely they will someday release one. Eldar got theirs, if the IK does as well (I suspect it did) I'm sure we'll see a Chaos one eventually.

GW is very up front about what armies a new unit is intended for. If the effectiveness per point is a great concern, wait and see.

I like the new release method because they can then fit in more than just a single army in a month. It gives me hope that Eldar may not have to wait another three years for a new kit. And I'm patient enough to read the actual rules before I buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    In three separate cities, I've never had a problem playing with any FW that I wanted to play with.

I have even played a 2500 point game with one model on my side and my opponents were enthusiastic about playing against it.

The people who refuse to play against FW units just because they are FW units, are the players that should be eviscerated on an altar of their own stupidity.

There are so many more broken crazy units in GW codexes than in all the FW rules.
    At this point, the question has really become: "Do we want to play with D weapons?"

If anything, Forgeworld tends to be too conservative.

With the huge amount of gaming groups banning FW rulewise (not modelwise) it might well not exist at all.

Not banned by either of the groups I play with in my area. Which is the only opinion that matters in the long run as I'll never ever meet any of these other groups that may or may not exist.

Tournaments see some minor guidelines but nothing as severe as the out of date rule regarding the officialness of forge world units.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    I don't recall there being any marketing, or what passes for marketing at GW, making that claim, just lots of speculation on the Freeblade name and what it implied before the book was out, then fluff in the rulebook itself that makes it clear who they can and can't ally with in the rules, regardless of what the fluff says.
    They are referring to a facebook posting in response to the lack of an ally table in the White Dwarf that featured the Imperial Knight rules that indicated that Imperial Knights would be available to ally with every army. Again this was a week before the Imperial Knight Codex was even up for preorder and prior to rules leaks from the Codex told folks in fact that Imperial Knights would be limited to Imperium, Eldar/Tau/Dark Eldar.

I personally didn't buy the notion that Imperial Knights would somehow be able to ally with Tyranids so took a wait and buy the rules approach which frankly anyone concerned about the rules and not just wanting a cool looking model should have done, but there is that vocal Chaos Space Marine group on the forums that feel this week of being led to believe they would be permitted to ally, was false marketing to promote Knight sales, rather than a White Dwarf editor responding to a question with what was obviously an incorrect answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post

But WAAC power gamers know how to beat those. If they have to deal with FW Units they may have to learn to adapt. And we can't have that can we?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    They are referring to a facebook posting in response to the lack of an ally table in the White Dwarf that featured the Imperial Knight rules that indicated that Imperial Knights would be available to ally with every army. Again this was a week before the Imperial Knight Codex was even up for preorder and prior to rules leaks from the Codex told folks in fact that Imperial Knights would be limited to Imperium, Eldar/Tau/Dark Eldar.

I personally didn't buy the notion that Imperial Knights would somehow be able to ally with Tyranids so took a wait and buy the rules approach which frankly anyone concerned about the rules and not just wanting a cool looking model should have done, but there is that vocal Chaos Space Marine group on the forums that feel this week of being led to believe they would be permitted to ally, was false marketing to promote Knight sales, rather than a White Dwarf editor responding to a question with what was obviously an incorrect answer.
    IIRC it was a GW Store Manager or someone else equally not connected to the Design studio.

Also most of those Chaos Players are also convinced that there is an internal GW plot to screw over Chaos, so take from that what you will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Clearly the rules make it sound like it could maybe possibly of some probability near quality of some sort of Chaos rules.
    The RULES said nothing of the sort. The FLUFF/LORE mentions traitors.

Note that the Imperial Warhound Titan and the Chaos Warhound Titan have SEPARATE rules. 2+2=4 Unless you are part of the Anti GW Hate Brigade.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    But WAAC power gamers know how to beat those. If they have to deal with FW Units they may have to learn to adapt. And we can't have that can we?
    The vast majority of people I know (whom I'm sure you would label WAAC because you're judgmental and ignorant regarding that sort of thing) like forgeworld, because for one the vast majority of units are weak, and the handful of good things are convenient for them to exploit. You've got a conflicting definition of WAAC. On one hand, using it in the insulting sense implies that they will immediately do anything they can to win, which logically means taking obscure, powerful units like Sabers or Hornets and springing them on unsuspecting victimes, yet on the other hand you seem to claim that they're not actually trying to win at all costs because they're intentionally ignoring large swaths of the game, as if being competitive somehow makes you less competent and less motivated to try and be good at the game. And for the few individuals I know that are opposed to forgeworld, they are opposed because they feels its few powerful units unbalance the game more than it already is, and that's bad not for the WAAC players, but for the non-waac players, as they become less of a challenge. Not that you'd believe me when I say that, but that's because, again, you're judgmental and ignorant regarding anything involving the word competitive.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    What? The attitude that you enjoy the misfortune of those who we're deceived by deliberately obfuscated advertisement?

How septic can you get?
    There was ZERO advertisement even remotely hinting that the Imperial Knight would be available to Chaos. All there was were a whole lot of Chaos players deluding themselves, something which GW's not responsible for.

Okies, just waded thru the entire string, and wow. Lot of good points. Here are my thoughts:

First away, as a Tau player, I guess this is my confirmation that the Tau are indeed genetically inferior to humans. I mean, they spend their entire lives learning to shoot... and here's these humans, barely ten years at it, WS3, BS4... can I get some of those? I mean, I had that back in 5th, if I paid the upgrade, and even then I could only get three to a unit. Base cost thirty five points before weapons, I think... but not now. Oh, wait a minute... that's why I'm looking at IG. I need gue'vasa. Now I really need them.

As for the Taurox, I got an ork-playing buddy who's gonna go nuts on those... me, I'm going to get one, and mess with it...

Quote Originally Posted by HandFlamer View Post
    There are houses that have fallen to chaos, they've been in the fluff for 20 years, but the model released was an IMPERIAL Knight, it looked nothing like any chaos knight and but as far as recall, chaos knights were only mentioned by GW in the fluff of the codex, which also explicitly stated that its not for Chaos.

And on multiple threads, normal, fun loving humans have said that they'll be more than happy to play a well painted and converted Knight allied to a chaos space marine army.
    For the record, I play by rule of cool; if it looks good, it's in. Only way I can be, considering the number of customized and kitbashed models I have around here... ::looks at the Tau-refurbed Sentinels...::

First-Captain

well the cover for the new issue of White Dwarf is up and it gives us a better view and scale of the Taurox

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m3850222a_1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	8012

Sourced from the horses mouth [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=13800108-gws"]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=13800108-gws[/URL]
    Last edited by Darren Richardson; 03-28-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 67 of 97 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast