BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

At least it's the best supplement by far. The others have all been pretty negligible. Most people forget the Imperial Fists one even exists, it was so very pointless.

I heard the Iyanden one was good, but heard it was bad too. Seems opinion on that was divided.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

The Iyanden supplement, as the first of its kind, generally didn't offer that much in regards to rule variances from the primary codex. The Relics were mostly decent though none were as useful as the Shard of Anaris and Mantle of the Laughing God, while the option to make a Wraithknight the army Warlord was interesting.

I think the most impressive supplement in terms of actual rule changes offered is easily the Farsight Enclaves one, allowing Tau players to take armies composed entirely of battlesuits - a wish of so many current, past and prospective players that it almost defies belief.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Iyanden basically doubled the amount of eldar background material we had so personally I think it gets the title of best supplement for that alone.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

It did have some very good fluff. A fair bit of it was just the Yriel show, but it was a very good Yriel show so that's okay.

It had some interesting relics too. The usual relics are uninspired and crappy. The only reason anyone takes the Shard is to make Jetseer Councils Fearless, and the Mantle because it makes things on Jetbikes hard to kill, not to make a Great Harlequin as seemed to be the intention. All of the relics just seem so poorly executed and lacklustre. I use the Spirit Stone and that's only because they for some reason made most of the Runes of Fate two warp charges.

Farsight Enclaves didn't strike me as very good because it completely contradicted the idea of a separate faction that has it's own upsides and downsides by letting you take everything the Tau Empire have anyway. There's very little reason not to use it, rather than using it because you want to play the Farsight Enclaves which should be more different to the Tau Empire. You take all of the good stuff from each and just ally them. They aren't even allies of convenience, they don't seem to distrust each other in the slightest.
    Last edited by Anggul; 04-02-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12