BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Death Korps of Kreig in Astra Militarum?

Hello all!

My name is Sunny and well just wondering what will become of DKOK, do you think they will be in the new Astra Militarum codex? or will they always be in IA and updated 10 years later.

Im really interested on what you guys think, as i have invested pretty deeply into DKOK and be happy for them to be an official codex

Thanks All!

Veteran-Sergeant

They will probably be mentioned in Astra Militarum, but that's probably it. Your best bet is still IA from FW to field them with all of their unique abilities.

Banned

One of the pictures shown in WD shows information about famous planets that raise regiments, one of those shown is Krieg, so fluff wise, they're their, but, most of what makes them special as a force needs Imperial Armour to work because of all the special units, IA 12 has the latest list for them

First-Captain

also, GW doesn't produce Krieg models, so why would they be in there (with rules I mean)? They are thoroughly FW...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Sergeant

There is a trade off... Using the IA books means you won't have access to the rules in the new codex. I personally am looking forward to seeing how my DKoK army fits into the current codex. I like the IA lists, but the only thing in my collection that doesn't fit in the GW list are heavy mortars and a Quartermaster. I actually have an Ogryn squad converted with gasmasks that I can't run when I build an IA list...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	8164

Using the GW codex also gives you access to psykers, priests, etc. Before anyone claims these aren't 'fluffy' for DKoK, I would point out assault armies weren't fluffy before IA12...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by quindia View Post
    There is a trade off... Using the IA books means you won't have access to the rules in the new codex. I personally am looking forward to seeing how my DKoK army fits into the current codex. I like the IA lists, but the only thing in my collection that doesn't fit in the GW list are heavy mortars and a Quartermaster. I actually have an Ogryn squad converted with gasmasks that I can't run when I build an IA list...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	8164

Using the GW codex also gives you access to psykers, priests, etc. Before anyone claims these aren't 'fluffy' for DKoK, I would point out assault armies weren't fluffy before IA12...
    FW are currently trying to work through the lists and ensure they're up to date with the current codexes, like the lists of Chapter Tactics for Space Marines and stuff

Veteran-Sergeant

I hope that in the near future Forgeworld will bring out the DKoK and the Elysian variant lists in their own codexes. Weather this is as a supplment or a full in print codex. This would avoid their problem of having to update things each time GW releases a new version of a codex. If they act quickly they will be in sync with GW on this.

It would also solve the psoblem of having to buy another Imperial armour book each time a new rule change is needed. For example I had IA3 for the Elysian list. When the last guard codex came out 5 years ago It was suplanted by an up to date Elysian list in IA8. Last year they redid Ia3.1 updating the Tau rules to their new codex and also redesigning the Elysian list to 6th edition. I decided not to buy it and a good thing too. I didnt need a new copy of IA3 and this list would have cost £55 and only been usable for about 18 months before this new Guard codex comes out next week.

In the past FW have released PDF files to update their lists in Imperial armour books to new editions like 6th edition or a new guard codex. These were free but sometimes took a while to be released.

Personally I would prefer FW to release supplement codexes for Elysian, Kreig and even renegade guard/servants of slaughter etc. I wouldnt mind paying for them if it ment I wouldn't have to carry arround a 2kg IA volume and have to pay £50+ each time they tweaked the rules (and FW tweak them a lot).

Librarian

.... You do realize the rules are only one reason to buy IA books right? i know it was not cheap to buy my badab books but i don't regret them. the fluff the layout of the book the extra detail that's why you buy forgeworld its a superior product for a reason. And 18 months is along time to game. if your gaming once a week thats alot of games you missed out on because you were afraid they would update a codex...
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Isn't there a rumour for 7th edition is that Forgeworld is to be integrated at that time? Dunno how much I believe it, as it would utterly invalidate all the IA books... Ladies and gentles of the rumour mills, any word?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    .... You do realize the rules are only one reason to buy IA books right?
    Yes I own most of them. Even some for which I have no 40k forces and they are a great read.

But Forgeworld do fantastic guard variant figures and I would like to see a decent variant list to go with them in a handy, easy to carry, codex sized book. It will probably not happen but we can hope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast