BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    a Pyskers or pysker squad. I have no luck with them.
    Definately agreed - my psykers only ever do two things: Suck and die, usually through failed psychic tests and on the first turn.

Also Terminators, but that may just be against my friends million plasma gun Tau army.

My Vindicator has never fired a shot despite being in several games.

I've had pretty good results with PBS mounted in a Chimera. They are fragile without it.

Pyskers, Ogryns, stormtroopers, Arty (not mortars) all get left out for various reasons (No1 is I dont have any lol)
    I have a Techpriest but I cant see myself ever fielding it
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    scorpions and banshees
    Really? That's interesting.
    Well I skip the "wraithlord/-guard sucks or kick-butt" discussion, because it is to old and has been discussed in to many forums and blogs (yes, THIS blog, beginning with Y. lol).

But scorpions. Really? I play a small Eldar force, and my three elites are filled with fire dragons and harlies usually.
    But I am going to test scorpions, because I guess they have at least potential, with S4, 3+ save, their wargear and the usually Eldar advantages.

Maybe you can give me a reason why they get benched in your opinion?!

rant: oh *** is censored. use butt instead. lol

Librarian

Default PBS in a Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredpraetorian View Post
    I've had pretty good results with PBS mounted in a Chimera. They are fragile without it.
    But the problem with that is they go on a fund drive a couple times a year. They won't fight and local celebrities show up to ask you to call into the Chimera's vox with a financial pledge, or else Big Bird will disappear.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkencorgimaster View Post
    But the problem with that is they go on a fund drive a couple times a year. They won't fight and local celebrities show up to ask you to call into the Chimera's vox with a financial pledge, or else Big Bird will disappear.
    Twitch, twitch

Wait, what?

PBS is our public access network in the US. Since it provides useful and educational programming, it has to hold fund drives to stay on the air in almost every community.

Whoa!!! My Plague Marines must be especially cursed. However, I must point out that there are lots of weapons that don't allow FNP, and in 5th edition, rate of fire trumps high strength every time. And I must state that the most brutal defeats were handed to me by Eldar with two bladestorm Dire Avenger squads and a war walker squadron with multi-lasers and missile launchers and space marines with twin assault cannons razorbacks. They weren't slaughtered quickly, they were worn down over the course of five or six turns, but the result is the same. It's my fault, of course because I refuse to use the obvious twin lash/obliterator trick that everybody else swears by. Stupid me for reading the fluff.

Battle-Brother

Plague Marines are the best troops chaos has over all. As far as benched units for chaos I would say all the special characters (maybe not abbadon) all the fast attack choices and thousand sons and dreads.

On another note I think Assault terminators have made normal terminators obsolete for space marines. Also I cant see ever fielding a Chaplain when you can field a Libarian to go with your HQ and if for some reason you did take a chaplain it would be Cassius.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    PBS is our public access network in the US. Since it provides useful and educational programming without advertisements, it has to hold fund drives to stay on the air in almost every community.
    Fixed your quote

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast