BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    second, just a minor note on the Executioner: While yes, it now gets hot on the main gun, it is also now incredibly easy to twin-link, which basically removes that problem and makes it hit more in the process - so I wouldn't worry too much about it
    Twin link doesnt remove gets hot for explosive shots.
    Gets hot for explosive: Roll a d6 before every "gets hot" shot, every 1 is a wound (or on 4+ a glancing hit)
    Twin-link for explosive allows you to reroll the scatter dice and/or the 2d6 but not the "gets hot" roll.

This is different for weapons with "to hit" rolls, as the the "gets hot" roll and the "to hit" roll are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Gets hot for explosive: Roll a d6 before every "gets hot" shot, every 1 is a wound (or on 4+ a glancing hit)
    Twin-link for explosive allows you to reroll the scatter dice and/or the 2d6 but not the "gets hot" roll.

This is different for weapons with "to hit" rolls, as the the "gets hot" roll and the "to hit" roll are the same.
    Quote from page 37 of the Rulebook, under the Gets Hot and Rerolls subheading, "it may also re-roll Gets Hot results of 1 for weapons that do not roll To Hit."

Please try reading all the rules.
    Last edited by Magos Bellum; 04-21-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post

p37:
    Gets Hot AND Re-rolls
    If a model has the ability to re-roll its rolls To Hit (including because of BS 6+, or Twin-linked), a Wound is only suffered if the To Hit re-roll is also a 1; it may also re-roll Gets Hot results of 1 for weapons that do not roll To Hit.

Yeah, having a shaped charge go off on the head of your lance isn't going to leave the shaft usable. You'd have to carry spare lances wholesale, and that's a pretty cumbersome prospect. I wonder how people would feel about allowing you to remove one model's hunting lance to give another model unlimited hunting lances, though (the one guy is carrying the spare lances).

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Yeah, having a shaped charge go off on the head of your lance isn't going to leave the shaft usable. You'd have to carry spare lances wholesale, and that's a pretty cumbersome prospect. I wonder how people would feel about allowing you to remove one model's hunting lance to give another model unlimited hunting lances, though (the one guy is carrying the spare lances).
    If this empire is capable of somehow making the Avenger, the Caestus, and the Thunderhawk fly, I would expect it would be capable of creating some sort of shield or mechanism that would protect the shaft from the detonation. Perhaps the rider stabs his foe, releases the warhead, and charge is on a half-second timer so as not to ruin his weapon? This is the Imperium that is capable of literally shattering worlds and tearing holes in reality for the purposes of day-to-day travel needs, why can't it make a better stick?

From what I see, my IG army will hardly change.
    - CCS, PCS, & Platoons are still good;
    - Hellhounds still good;
    - Russes, Basilisk and Hydra are still good.

Things that I've wanted to add should still be OK:
    - Psykers
    - Sentinels
    - Valkyries & Vendetta
    - Deathstrike Missile Launcher

Adding Nork & some Rough Riders might even be nice for completeness and theme.
    Last edited by GrauGeist; 04-21-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BigFreakySean View Post
    I cannot find where it says that each psyker can take a different power. Can you point me to that?
    +1...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Sergeant

Hey guys, I'm wondering how different the priests are from the inquisition version?

And I'm also wondering the re-rolls to save thats in melee only right? I use one in my inquisition list and his saves are only in melee. Which is perfect for my Death Cult. So is the IG one the same but re-roll range wounds?

Forgive the ignorance I haven't seen the codex yet.

Thanks - Chanderzz

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Manticore

• One of the more feared pieces of artillery in the IG codex, and sadly not available in squadrons, is the Manticore. It is entirely unchanged in its design or stats with only a small ten points bump in point cost.
    Actually, it DID get a change, an upgrade in fact. Now when you suffer a weapon destroyed result each rocket counts as a seperate weapon, so you only lose 1 rocket max.
    - Ezaviel
    Laudate imperatorem.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Chanderzz View Post
    Hey guys, I'm wondering how different the priests are from the inquisition version?

And I'm also wondering the re-rolls to save thats in melee only right? I use one in my inquisition list and his saves are only in melee. Which is perfect for my Death Cult. So is the IG one the same but re-roll range wounds?

Forgive the ignorance I haven't seen the codex yet.

Thanks - Chanderzz
    The only difference is that the AM version has less weapon options than the Inquisition version. The AM ones can't take Eviserators for example.

The War Hymns only work in Assault still, so no rerolling saves and such from ranged attacks in the AM either.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast