BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Awesome thread Sir...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

First-Captain

yeah but the limo's appeared in the short story "The Alien Beast Within" by Ian Watson which is reprinted in The Inquistion War if you can find a copy, the story was written in 1990.

I know it's not as early as the Rogue Trader list, but it's close.

- - - Updated - - -

huh, just looked at my copy of the Compilation which the rules were reprinted in, and noticed it was copyright 1991, so the short story might predate the original list, and thus Ian Watson was responsible for Genestealer Cults having limos :O

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and didn't the Caine books make the point for genestealer cults in 40K, the more infected humans/aliens on the planet, the more powerful the phsyic signal sent out to the tyranid fleets....

In short Genestealer Cults are homing signals for civialised worlds ripe for devouring.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Genestealer cults are very cool and I don't think/hope they'll ever completely vanish. As a Tyranid fan though, people need to stop trying to use them as justification for Tyranid allies. Genestealer cults do not fight alongside the actual Tyranid swarm. They never have and they never will. They are simply a way of undermining the prey planet in advance and throwing it into disarray so it's easier for the swarm to attack and overwhelm the defenders quickly. When the fleet does arrive, the purestrain genestealers are overridden by the synaptic web as normal, and the cultists are consumed along with everything else. No doubt in blind devotion they continue to attack the world's defenders while the swarm consumes everything, but the Tyranids will make no distinction, they will kill everything on sight.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    Genestealer cults are very cool and I don't think/hope they'll ever completely vanish. As a Tyranid fan though, people need to stop trying to use them as justification for Tyranid allies. Genestealer cults do not fight alongside the actual Tyranid swarm. They never have and they never will.\
    Aside from the hacks recent work they actually have. I'll go find the quotes from the 4th ed codex is you want. In particular the ones that reference the uprisings and the populace walking into the digestion pools
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I'm with Anggul on this one.

I've been Culting it along since Space Hulk, and it was always said that once the Tyranid fleet arrived, the entire cult just went and got digested in an orderly fashion.

Well, except the Purestrains one assumes.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Scout

This is a great thread, I fondly remember playing my 'stealer cult!

Brother-Captain

The parts of the invasion that are usually played on the tabletop is when the fleet has just arrived though, so there ARE no digestion pools around yet. If they're still on the subjugation stage the hive mind isn't going to be focused on feeding as much as on preparations for feeding, meaning any lifeform on that planet that could fall under its sway is going to be used to fight.

Sure, once the fighting calms down and the digestion pools swing into action the cultists will walk in, but until that point they'll be allies doing whatever they can to help.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Veteran-Sergeant

Love it. I would be very happy to see Genestealer cults make a come back somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    Personally, I always thought that the Limos were a Lovecraft rip-off too far.
    How so?

I have to say that last picture with the vehicles is a bit misleading, as the vehicle on the left has a Khorne logo sitting blatantly on the front of it.

Brother-Captain

Hear! Hear! Nice GS Cult summary!
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast