BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    However, IF the Perils table is anything like the miscast table from Fantasy, it's going to be a lot less drastic than Perils are today. Miscasting isn't always that bad. Sometimes you lose a dude or two. Sometimes if you get lucky, you can make the situation favor you, like when your lone wizard surrounding by badguys rolls the "everyone around the wizard gets hit by a template, but the wizard ignores it." Sometimes you lose a dude. Sometimes your wizard loses some effectiveness, but doesn't leave the board.
    White dwarf mentions that 2 W psykers will likely survive at least 1 perils test....so basically the same as it is now.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    White dwarf mentions that 2 W psykers will likely survive at least 1 perils test....so basically the same as it is now.
    Ahah. Thank you.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

A balanced and fluffy mechanised Eldar force isn't that ridiculous, when its combined with warlocks and farseers on jetbikes thats when problems begin to show, and hey, if you want your opponent to enjoy the game, even if its a stranger, would it really hamper your personal enjoyment to take a few less Wave Serpents? Really?
    Way to miss the point.

The whole "I liked this broken list before it was broken" argument really doesn't every fly because the combos are so rare and unintuitive before the new rules make them broken. I once played a guy when Grey Knights were new who insisted he'd always fielded 3 Dreads with 2 twinlinked ACs.
    And way to turn it into an insult. I said I had Eldar? I never claimed that I played it much until after the new book came out. I owned like 5 Wave Serpents and some Falcons and Fire Dragons and the like for about two years before the current book came out. I didn’t play them very often, because they weren’t particularly good. Now, I only play them at tournaments, because they’re not good for casual play. At least, not the stuff I own.

It’s nice and all that you know a guy who was a liar (Daemonhunters couldn’t even take dual Autocannon Dreadnoughts), but it’s irrelevant, condescending, immature, trollish, and insulting to project that onto anyone you disagree with. Grow up.

Then leave GW games to people that enjoy the fluff and the hobby, GW makes a product, it isn't the product you want it to be so you're whining on the internet.
    Why do you assume that they don’t enjoy the fluff and the hobby?

Say you own a car. It’s a pretty nice car, but the stereo doesn’t work very well. Why is it wrong to want to fix the stereo? You don’t have to throw the baby out with the bathwater. There’s a lot of cool stuff about 40k, despite its issues. If it gets bad enough, then, yes, I’ll ditch it (I’ve got Infinity and Warmahordes to play), but in the meantime I’m going to hope it improves.

Its not held by a "large number of players" its 3 or 4 people, the same people on every thread on every forum.
    Source? Because I know a lot of 40k players in real life, and a lot of them are very unhappy. And a lot of them tell me they know a lot of other players that are unhappy.

Sure, there are plenty of players that don’t mind, but it’s not an insignificant number that do. GW makes about 250 million in revenue each year, for about 30 million in profit. If they lose 15% of their player base, suddenly they’re in the red. Don’t assume that just because you hold a given opinion, that’s automatically the default opinion of everyone else, nor that losing a large number of players won’t matter.

Its not rationalising, its called being a rational human being, seeing the truth thats there rather than the conspiracy you so desperately want their to be.
    Ironic…

Choosing whether to use or not use Unbound army construction doesn't seem like much of a stretch to me
    This doesn’t really have much to do with unbound, really. There are plenty of other issues in the game, and you can’t really address them all.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I meant more that you got both a BS increase on your guardians and shurikens got psuedo rending, so while doom and fortune are less reliable your basic damage output without psychics is probably reasonably close to what it was before with psychics, relative to nids whose reliance on key psychic powers has generally iincreased each edition
    But the same argument can be made that tyranids are less reliant upon psychic powers than last edition. Aside from the zoanthrope, nid psychic powers are more considered perks than a vital component of many tyranids armies. The zoanthrope is arguably the only unit whose utility is found in its psychic ability (though, I rather like them if only for the synapse on a 3++ model) but these days you've got the exocrine as an AP2 alternative, hive guard to pop low-mid AV, and the tyrannofex if you need heavy tank busting power at range. As a matter of speaking, Zoanthropes are the only unit in the tyranids codex that ties most of its utility to psychic powers, and at the same time it's still serviceable as a 3++ synapse creature if those powers don't want to cooperate with you. If anything, daemons or elder would have it worse. That isn't to say that any of them have it bad, but they have more entries whose utility is linked solely to psychic powers.

So it's not necessarily as if a nid player is being handicapped because zoanthropes might have a harder time in 6th. It's no better or worse than eldar, or daemons, or grey knights... come to think of it, a lot of armies have greater psychic potential these days. Astra Militarum has come out swinging with their new psykers, and SM/CSM have always had decent psychic representation if a bit narrow.

None the less, I digress. I'm getting a bit off topic here and I apologize for that.

Some information about the new [URL="http://www.3plusplus.net/2014/05/maelstrom-of-war-missions-7th-edition/"]"missions"[/URL].

Quote Originally Posted by Saunders View Post
    But the same argument can be made that tyranids are less reliant upon psychic powers than last edition. Aside from the zoanthrope, nid psychic powers are more considered perks than a vital component of many tyranids armies. The zoanthrope is arguably the only unit whose utility is found in its psychic ability (though, I rather like them if only for the synapse on a 3++ model) but these days you've got the exocrine as an AP2 alternative, hive guard to pop low-mid AV, and the tyrannofex if you need heavy tank busting power at range. As a matter of speaking, Zoanthropes are the only unit in the tyranids codex that ties most of its utility to psychic powers, and at the same time it's still serviceable as a 3++ synapse creature if those powers don't want to cooperate with you. If anything, daemons or elder would have it worse. That isn't to say that any of them have it bad, but they have more entries whose utility is linked solely to psychic powers.

So it's not necessarily as if a nid player is being handicapped because zoanthropes might have a harder time in 6th. It's no better or worse than eldar, or daemons, or grey knights... come to think of it, a lot of armies have greater psychic potential these days. Astra Militarum has come out swinging with their new psykers, and SM/CSM have always had decent psychic representation if a bit narrow.

None the less, I digress. I'm getting a bit off topic here and I apologize for that.
    Except that due to BS the Tyrannofex is not a very reliable anti tank weapon, only hits on a 4+ where the Zoes hit on 3's. Though of course letting vehicles have DTW didn't help them. Does anyone else think that DTW on psychic shooting attacks is one heck of a nerf? I mean, okay on maledictions where there's no 'to hit' roll, but really? First you have to roll to see if you 'get' the power, then he rolls to 'deny' the power, then you still have to roll 'to hit', which to me is a nerf; if you shoot you get 1 chance to 'miss' but if you blast him with a laser beam from your eyes you get 3. Harsh imho.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

One thing we don't know on the roll 4+ on the number of dice equal to the warp charge is the effect of MLs or LD on that. Are there any modifiers? Or a chart like the to wound chart only ML or LD versus warp charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldavaer View Post
    One thing we don't know on the roll 4+ on the number of dice equal to the warp charge is the effect of MLs or LD on that. Are there any modifiers? Or a chart like the to wound chart only ML or LD versus warp charge.
    THIS....For the love of god, THIS.

Please please dont let this awful rumor of "welp, just roll a bunch of dice and try to get lucky!" be true. There MUST be some way to affect these rolls. Mastery level or leadership should still play some sort of part in this, right?....

Right?

please?

Chapter-Master

Just seen some new photos from WD

If you pull all powers from the same table you get the primaris for free (so a Master 1 chap will have tge power he rolled and the primaris

Vehicles now need a 7+ on the damage table to explode. So you need ap2 or ap1 weapons to explode a vehicle

The last one seems huge to me. Quad guns can no longer explode fliers. They have to hull point them

Ive also heard a Physker can only their Mastery Level + 1 dice for each test

I would copy these pics here, but am on my phone and therefore cant
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Just seen some new photos from WD

If you pull all powers from the same table you get the primaris for free (so a Master 1 chap will have tge power he rolled and the primaris

Vehicles now need a 7+ on the damage table to explode. So you need ap2 or ap1 weapons to explode a vehicle

The last one seems huge to me. Quad guns can no longer explode fliers. They have to hull point them

Ive also heard a Physker can only their Mastery Level + 1 dice for each test

I would copy these pics here, but am on my phone and therefore cant
    That Explodes change is massive!

Some other big news courtesy of our friends at [url]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com.au/;[/url]

That Flying Monstrous Creature change is crazy, as is wounds spilling over from challenges. As the article says, no more tying up a Bloodthirster with a unit champion! Invulnerable saves allowed against all but the 6 result on the Destroyer table....yes please!

So many of these changes plus Daemonology are huge for Daemons in particular. Is it safe to say this is now Warhammer 40,000: Daemons Edition? Lol!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast