BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Thats what other sources have said. If you have skyfire then you always shoot snap shots at ground targets no matter if you have interceptor or not.

As if the Firestorm needed to get even WORSE :P
    Ugg yeah, kind of disappointed I bought that thing now.

That said, Vindicare is now the best anti aircraft unit.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

I wonder if this will make flyers fire snap shots at ground targets since they automatically have skyfire

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    I wonder if this will make flyers fire snap shots at ground targets since they automatically have skyfire
    that wouldnt work. Baledrake
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

No, since fliers can choose to skyfire or not at the start of their turn. Just like the Velocity Tracker for Tau allows them the choice, it will not force you to always skyfire.

I'm really curious how denial will go. Will deny the witch saves stay like they are, will you be able to throw warp charges at deny the witch to roll extra dice looking for that 6, or will it be a throw the dice to try to negate the power all together, or some combination of the above.

That's kind of what I was thinking, but then again it would limit the whole unbound helldrake only lists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    No, since fliers can choose to skyfire or not at the start of their turn. Just like the Velocity Tracker for Tau allows them the choice, it will not force you to always skyfire.
    But the BRB says they choose to use skyfire, they still have skyfire ability. I would think it's for any unit with skyfire, not just those that choose to use the skyfire ability. But that rule is going to be weird for something like Eldar's missile launcher that has different missiles and only one with skyfire.

But that rule is going to be weird for something like Eldar's missile launcher that has different missiles and only one with skyfire.
    Well, skyfire is basically a weapon trait. Eldar missile launchers (or imperial missiles with flakk missiles purchased for them) are simple. Use the frag or krak missile? No problem. Choose to use the Flakk missile? It has skyfire, you you can only snapfire a flakk missile at ground targets.

Velocity trackers or fliers just decide whether or not to skyfire, and if they do, all their weapons get the skyfire trait for that turn.

The only difference from now is that skyfire + interceptor doesn't seem to let skyfire weapons weapons shoot at ground targets at full BS anymore, so quad guns and icarus lascannons basically become dedicated AA weapons rather than multipurpose guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Well, skyfire is basically a weapon trait. Eldar missile launchers (or imperial missiles with flakk missiles purchased for them) are simple. Use the frag or krak missile? No problem. Choose to use the Flakk missile? It has skyfire, you you can only snapfire a flakk missile at ground targets.

I was more going with the train of thought of how I was assuming the new rule would work. How you're explaining it makes much more sense.

Chaplain

Quote:

"Allies
    All armies may ally with themselves as Battle Brothers, and Battle Brothers may freely embark into each other's transports."

If this is true then I am a very happy bunny indeed!!

I have wanted to put my IG command squad in a Land Raider for ages. For no real reason, apart from it's cool!! I know I could have done it by running him as as Inquisitor, but I run Straken and the idea of him and Nork and a Chapter Master charging out fills me with glee!!!

Chapter-Master

Screw command squads ina land raider, i want to put Rough Riders in a drop pod.

Entirely for the lulz of horses dropping in from space
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Screw command squads ina land raider, i want to put Rough Riders in a drop pod.

Entirely for the lulz of horses dropping in from space
    Dude you need help. Can you imagine the request to the tech marine "Yes can you adjust the grav harness for horse?"
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast