BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Indeed "but these are the End Times and the apocalypse is upon us..."
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    honestly this rules set is looking more and more like it actually pushes power gaming/ That guy gaming (this is not tournament play)
    This is what I have been trying to say since the rumours started flowing. 7th isn't fixing the powergaming TFG style play of 6th edition and actually gives power gamers more options.

It's like taking a fat kid to a buffet hoping he will lose weight because there's a salad bar.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Brother-Captain

Eldar and Dark Eldar are *still* Battle Brothers? Frak that. They should have been Allies of Convenience at best and Desperate Allies at worst.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Eldar and Dark Eldar are *still* Battle Brothers? Frak that. They should have been Allies of Convenience at best and Desperate Allies at worst.
    Fluff wise it makes sense, Dark Eldar pop up to help the Eldar randomly for fun!
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Fly Lord

The recent fluff and GW attitude towards Eldar of late seems to portray them more as a big dysfunctional family.

Sure they mess with each other when no one is around, but the second some outsider shows up - hey "blood is thicker than water".
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The recent fluff and GW attitude towards Eldar of late seems to portray them more as a big dysfunctional family.

Sure they mess with each other when no one is around, but the second some outsider shows up - hey "blood is thicker than water".
    Which does generally end with them destroying what ever got in there way.......
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Librarian

I like to think of Slaneesh as being their abusive step-father

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    No. Makes sense as it is. Sure they also bent the recent fluff into that direction (DE helping Iyanden and helped Iyanden/Biel Tan on Duriel) but two of the main reasons where always there. Harlequins as the "ambassadors" between the factions and both are still Eldar. Sure DE occasionally raid E and E sometimes protect someone from DE for the sake of a prophecy but in the end this is nothing the craftworlders would not do to themselves too.
    There is a rivalery or even open war between some craftworlds, there is civil war going on on some craftworlds,...
    The relationship changed when the DE where changed from "unwilling servants of Slaanesh" to "mortal enemies of Slaanesh". In the first texts about Karandras it was mentioned that Ahra sided with Slaanesh. This was also changed.

Quick question that is 7th related but I don't think warrants its own thread (and that I haven't heard anything about):

If escalation and d-weapons and things are included in 7th, will the rules for 'generic' super heavy things like baneblades etc be in the 7th Ed rule book? kind of like how there are fortifications rules in 6th Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyben View Post
    Quick question that is 7th related but I don't think warrants its own thread (and that I haven't heard anything about):

If escalation and d-weapons and things are included in 7th, will the rules for 'generic' super heavy things like baneblades etc be in the 7th Ed rule book? kind of like how there are fortifications rules in 6th Ed?
    The indication is no units are in the book, just buildings. The rules have to be in there for Knights to be clearly "in". The supplements are going to continue to be sold, but I expect the smaller super heavies will be included in future codex , e.g. The stomper may appear in the new Ork Codex. There is a summery of the changes in white dwarf here... [URL="http://chaptermasters.com/warhammmer-40000-7th-edition-16-rule-changes-in-white-dwarf/"]http://chaptermasters.com/warhammmer-40000-7th-edition-16-rule-changes-in-white-dwarf/[/URL]
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast