BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nurglings, best Troops ever?

With all units being Scoring now, and Troops getting Objective Secured, suddenly Nurglings have caught my eye as about the best Troops choice any Chaos player could hope for. They have Shrouded, Infiltrate, 4 wounds each, and a 5+ invulnerable save. For a flamer less than the price of 10 Chaos Marines. Oh, and did anyone see what defensive grenades do now? Not too shabby I'd say.

Of course they can be insta-gibbed by Str6 weapons, but with a few Biomancy psykers, as Nurgle armies tend to have, a little Endurance on these fellas if needed, and I think they're there to stay. Templates and blasts cause double wounds to Swarms too, but they're so cheap, I think we will (or at least should) see many more of these being used on the table.

Anyone use them yet in a 7th edition game? I haven't liked Plaguebearers for a long time, they just never ever do anything, though I guess assaulting a Land Raider and maybe they can get lucky and glance it to death.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

endurance doesnt help with the ID, but yes swarms finally got something of a boost
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    endurance doesnt help with the ID, but yes swarms finally got something of a boost
    Endurance gives you Eternal Warrior...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by hyudun View Post
    Endurance gives you Eternal Warrior...

It does? wow, ok thats awesome
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yeah, when I saw that I was very very surprised and pleased. Of course S6 shots will deny their Enduranced 4+ FNP, but with 4 wounds each base, that's a fair trade.

It does? wow, ok thats awesome
    Yea Endurance is boss now. I see a lot of meh units going nuts because of this now. Almost as good or better than invisibility.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwymourn View Post
    Yea Endurance is boss now. I see a lot of meh units going nuts because of this now. Almost as good or better than invisibility.
    nah, not getting shot is better than being tough enough to get shot, but want to make it really nasty? give a unit both

nah, not getting shot is better than being tough enough to get shot, but want to make it really nasty? give a unit both
    If only nids could get endurance! Rippers!

It's actually not that amazing as Eternal Warrior just makes Insta Death reduce you to 1 wound. So it only takes a S6 weapon, and a single other wound.

Shhhhhh.
    Quit telling everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast