BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by theunrealisticartist View Post
    Cheers Haighus! I would agree with your crit regarding unit markings. It definitely needs something. I did think about it for a while but I wimped out when I realised I didn't know enough about the chapter history and organisation. Some homework to do there I think...
    If you can get your hands on a copy of Insignium Astartes, it will tell you everything you need to know- great bit of background reading Unfortunately GW ignores half of the stuff in it nowadays when painting their models.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhrarnx View Post
    Amazing painting work! I will need to repaint many of my mini's as my skill slowly improves. This gives me some inspiration of the rusty decay Ork machines have.
    Thanks Azhranx! PM if you need any help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    If you can get your hands on a copy of Insignium Astartes, it will tell you everything you need to know- great bit of background reading Unfortunately GW ignores half of the stuff in it nowadays when painting their models.
    Awesome tip, many thanks Haighus. It would be good to stay true to the source material where possible.
    www.theunrealisticartist.com

Here's the latest from the Unrealistic spray booth. I decided to go for a companion to my Tau Riptide and settled on the deceptively simple looking Devilfish. I went with pretty much the same paint scheme as the Riptide and weathered her up : )

Might have overcooked it with the 'sooty' vents at the front but all in all pretty pleased with result + she sits next to the Riptide really well. Love to hear your thoughts!

First-Captain

Oh she looks like a real combat machine, all grungey and muted in colour.

Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

oh and yeah that book will help out a lot, sadly it's a print on demand book only these days, £20 direct from the [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/Insignium-Astartes-Print-On-Demand.html"]Black Library[/URL] themselves.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    Oh she looks like a real combat machine, all grungey and muted in colour.

Love it!

- - - Updated - - -

oh and yeah that book will help out a lot, sadly it's a print on demand book only these days, £20 direct from the [URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/Insignium-Astartes-Print-On-Demand.html"]Black Library[/URL] themselves.
    Thanks Darren! Glad you like it : )

Cheers for the link as well. Think I'll save up my pennies and get that, or search for copy on eBay maybe?

Nice!
    My hobby blog: http://marcraleyminiatures.blogspot.com

Great paint job!! I would love to get my grubby green hands on it and loot it into something useful !!!

Ooh.. shiny (oh wait) It looks like you pre-shaded and hit it with a khaki-ish color..then sponged on some dark brown for the damage? Is that far off from the technique? I would like to emulate this effect so any insight would be helpful Great work.

Chaplain

Great work, some of the best I have seen!

Do you have any predominantly white vehicles you have done? I'm curious to see your method with a stark color like that, also a grey knight vehicle would be interesting to see.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

I thought that was a drawing at first...wow.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast