BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Multiple Empyrean Brain Mines.

Pretty straight forward. I have a squad of Grey Knights with 3 attached ICs, each with their own Empyrean Brain Mine, in base contact with a single opponent. Does the enemy model need to take 3 Initiative tests?

I also cannot find anything that says Brain Mines do not function against Walkers such as Knights. Could they use their Stomp attack if they fail?

Thanks.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Ok grey knights are and older 5th ed codex and codex inquisition was by and large a copy and paste job of it.
    So as they were written with massive supper heavies not being part of the standard game. I'd have to agree with you until a FAQ on this you would be able to use them on walkers. I don't have the knight codex handy so can't call the stop of the stomp for definite.
    As you have paid the points for the mines then yes they would have to take the int test 3 times.

How ever there are probably 2 situations where this is going to pay off. One against a character

Now the character can challenge in which case he only faces one inquisitor ( I'm assuming) so there fore one test.

The other is a monsterus creature (or in deed walker) now units with the mine as not hugely fast were these things can be, it would be a very unlucky player or inexperienced player that would let your uber unit get in to close combat.

It is also re bearing that psyk out grenades that are standard on inquisitors reduce l of psykers and daemons are reduced to 1 and the relic grimoire of true names gives a minus 5 to I if charged. That covers a lot of big gribblies.

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Chaplain

Thanks davel!
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist