BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor McSagington View Post
    World Eaters had no Psyker loyalists or Psykers. Such weakness is blasphemy to Khorne!!
    actually in their fluff it mentions that Kharn and others hunted down and killed their librarian brothers after they went rogue.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The tale I had heard was that while Abnett was still working on Legion, he was so giddy over his great reveal that he let slip to much at one of the GDs or book signings he was at.

People who spoke with him said the big reveal with the Emperor and Grammaticus was that he saw to his horror in that millisecond that the Emperor is a dried out, barely functional husk of a human. While he is the most potent psyker in the universe, he physically wholly sustains his normally mortal form which is now some 50,000 years old through pure psychic will. It is only through constant psychic projection and the control of the minds of all those around him that his false physical form and irresistable presence is projected.

The blasted husk that lay in the Golden Throne is not the results of wounds from Horus, but what was always in truth there. It's simply the side effect of the Emperor's Soul having either "ascended" or having much more important duties to attend to than worrying about his physical appearance any longer.

Apparently Abnett decided to keep the curtain drawn in later drafts of the novel.

Cool stuff.
    Wow that is an exciting possibility and one I hadn't considered. It also brings into question how powerful the Eldar actually are if the Emperor is simply human, albeit an incredibly powerful one.

Battle-Brother

Well, since I play Space Wolves, of coarse one of the secrets that I love is... where did Primarch Lemun Russ go? What was so important somewhere else that he left, and when will he return? When is "The Wolf Time"?

Battle-Brother

Maybe you'll get some more answers in the upcoming codex.

Battle-Brother

Doubt it! lol I think its one of those questions that is being left open, one of those "Never to be Revealed!" type things.

Of coarse, "Prospero Burns" by Dan Abnett is also being released in April of 2010, who knows what he might throw out there. I mean, he answered some huge questions with "Legion", questions that no one thought would ever be answered.

Veteran-Sergeant

I thought Russ went into the warp to fight chaos

Veteran-Sergeant

That Magnus (Thousand Sons) and Konrad Curze (Night Lords) were both loyal to the Emperor, and it is the Emperor's fault that their legions are "traitors".
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Veteran-Sergeant

That Magnus (Thousand Sons) and Konrad Curze (Night Lords) were both loyal to the Emperor, and it is the Emperor's fault that their legions are "traitors".
    Are you sure??? Konrad Cruze was anything but a "nice guy", he all but slew Dorn in single combat and destroyed his own homeworld before the heresy.

As for something that hasnt been mentioned, before the unveiling secrecy of Inqusitors into mainstream publication, there was a constant rumour of "Star Children", said to be the Emperors will, re-born in many vessels throughout the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I am tottally suprised that nobody has mentioned anything of Lord Cypher and his apparent goal of unplugging the golden throne.

I really do ejoy this thread though, keep it up.
    That also surprises me y doesn't any one care about cypher and his big unused sword....

As for Conrad Curze, did he not have a duel personality and even before the emperor did he not basically take over his planet through terror

Magnus was only trying to help (plus his pre-heresy legion is cool and all ancien gyptian-ish) was Russ not tricked into attacking Prospero by Horus
    Last edited by [email protected]; 08-05-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Battle-Brother

No one knows if Horus tricked Russ, or if the Emperor ordered Russ to attack Magnus. Magnus did try to warn the Emperor about Horus using the powers of the Warp, and Magnus had been ordered to stop using sorcery after the Censorship at the Council of Nikea. Im pretty sure that this is a question that will be answered in "A Thousand Sons" or in "Prospero Burns".

As for Russ going to fight Chaos in the Warp, no one really knows. What is know is that, Russ and his closest friends were at The Feast of the Emperors Ascention. Russ stepped up on top of the table that he had battled the Emperor on, and just stood there a while. At this point he spoke with his captains, and left (some reports say he walked out, others say he simply disappeared). His last reported words were "At the end, I will return. For the Final Battle. For the Wolftime." This is when Bjorn the Felhanded was named the First Great Wolf, and he declared the first of the Great Hunts to search for Russ. Bjorn is now an Ancient (a Dreadnought) and he awoken once every 1000 years to test the Rune Priests on thier knowledge of the story of Russ and his last feast.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast