BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 7th edition transport vs on the table.

Friend got 11 on warp table and I had only spiritseer on wave serpent and he is most positive he should be able to targer my spiritseer.

And I think he is off table because embark says, remove them from the table.

And he is basing this on that physic warps are generated By psykers on the table, including those in transports.

Occuli Imperator

I don't think you can target a unit embarked upon a vehicle.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

You are correct, units which are embarked are effectively not on the board concerning being targeted or effected by any enemy abilities.
    Last edited by Harley; 07-15-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Scout

Except flamers vs opened topped vehicles, aura abilities (Dark Angels PFG), and troops inside transports scoring objectives (debatable).

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by tallguynsc View Post
    Except flamers vs opened topped vehicles
    Are you saying a flamer can hit embarked models in an open topped vehicle? I do not believe this is true. If you mean embarked flamers shooting out, yes of course that works.

Occuli Imperator

No, he is right. D6 hits IIRC
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

Pg. 173, under "No Escape" Units in a open-topped transport take d6 hits, if the vehicle is touched by the template weapon. So, if you have a unit that has 3 Flamers, and all three hit any part of an Ork Trukk (Open-Topped) The flamers would roll 3 armor pen checks (1 per flamer), and 3 d6 (1d6 per flamer) against the unit embarked. This gives a good chance of killing the unit inside the transport before the transport it self is destroyed. Note that units embarked in a transport never take morale tests as they have "Fearless" conferred from the "Unshakable Nerve" rule on page 80.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Pg. 173, under "No Escape" Units in a open-topped transport take d6 hits, if the vehicle is touched by the template weapon. So, if you have a unit that has 3 Flamers, and all three hit any part of an Ork Trukk (Open-Topped) The flamers would roll 3 armor pen checks (1 per flamer), and 3 d6 (1d6 per flamer) against the unit embarked. This gives a good chance of killing the unit inside the transport before the transport it self is destroyed. Note that units embarked in a transport never take morale tests as they have "Fearless" conferred from the "Unshakable Nerve" rule on page 80.
    Yes indeed. A big screw you to Dark Eldar players the world over.

Yep...
    best thing is that the flamer gets more hits on the models through "no escape" then he would when placing the template regularly.
    Also the most templates you deal with are either torrent or appear instantly next to you without any possibility of counterplay.

Chaplain

Well that's a new one to me, having never played with an open topped vehicle. When did that rule appear in the BRBs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast