BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

In 6th you still needed to have two troops choices before you could run the eight as a unit outside the (hella fun looking) Altar of War mission where you fight a never ending Tyranid swarm.

so with this unbound thingy, can u mix faction aswell? literally play anything

Quote Originally Posted by Proiteus View Post
    10 fully equipped Space Marine Captains with feel no pain and it will not die by using the Iron Hands doctrines.
    Sounds like the best way to represent the true abilities of space marines. A stand-in for a Deathwatch Kill Team?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    All Phoenixlords and Eldrad are around 1500 Points...
    I've played the Phoenix court + Eldrad vs my friend's CSM special characters... I have to admit it was a pretty fun game, although i don't think it's a fair matchup...

Initiate

I ran all the HQ choices for Space Wolves with body guards.

You could go 30k route and stick in 3 primarchs, that would be hella fun

Don't take Lorgar though, auto invis is bull and won't win you any friends.

My list is a true Deathwatch team using Chapter Masters, Librarians, Masters of the Forge and Librarians. That way the Deathwatch marines are the best of the best, each can actually be from a different chapter using their chapter tactics, and can be equipped in a variety of ways. I will be trying my list out in about a week.

I know that a Librarian in Terminator Armor, Dante, Gabriel Seth, a Reclusiarch, Brother Corbulo, and Astorath the Grim are a seriously nasty team to try and kill. Especially if they all join Mephiston. It will wreck just about anything, but ZERO fun for the opponent as most of your army has a 2+ save and FNP.
    Sometimes you gotta roll a hard six...

Quote Originally Posted by dimdum View Post
    You could go 30k route and stick in 3 primarchs, that would be hella fun

Don't take Lorgar though, auto invis is bull and won't win you any friends.
    I am willing to bet if ur fielding more than 1 primarch...you aren’t going to have many friends long anyways, Manus and Vulkin and Horus pushing up a mid field...even without the Lorgar its still not going to make u friends
    Last edited by slipknotzim; 08-06-2014 at 09:50 AM.

I wonder if I could do Eisenhorn's warband from the Bequin cycle at that point total? Needs at least 1 Chaos Lord with Combat familiar, a daemonhost, and a whole mess of Exorcists.

But as for an IC list, an Iyanden Giant Robot list would be fun, and easy to make Battleforged. I was also thinking about a Nid Bucket List, but there aren't enough good ICs in that list. It would basically be the 3, a T-Guard brood for the Swarmlord and a bunch of Flyrants to round out the list. Now Daemons is a good list for ICs, as is Necrons. Loads of choice there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast