BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    I don't think she was referring to Nagash fitting into TK or VC aesthetic-wise but rather lore-wise. Nagash is hated by the Tomb Kings and hated/feared by the Vampire Counts. He'd almost have to be a separate faction of his own.

So I'll keep my barrel of salt over here for this rumor. If it happens then cool beans, otherwise, it's just a rumor.
    I think the first thing to remember is GW HAS never been one to shy away from ret-conning their fluff, if they want Nagash they will ret con as appropriate.

On the other hand, if they're advancing the story, then no ret-conning is required, instead it's what we (speaking as someone who used to write plot for a LARP system) call Flange, where you write a story to enable a specific character or event or item that might otherwise not really seem feasible (I think pros tend to call it Deus Ex Machina, but chumps like me call it flange). However, as the most powerful Liche ever to have lived (existed?), it is entirely possible that it doesn't really matter whether the Tomb Kings like him or not, the thing with Unliving beings is they're always susceptible to being controlled by the most powerful Necromancers. So if they don't like him, they can sit there and seethe and rage all they like, but if Nagash is pulling their strings, they're still going to have to do his bidding. A bit of internal struggle within a single faction is always good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwhizz84 View Post
    Also since he's been dead for like 3,000 years and been resurrected by himself twice now, I doubt he'll have skin and such :\ He may look like the cover of the third book, skull-faced with glowing eyes and such though.
    Well, Imhotep was about 3000 years old and he looked pretty good for his age. Well, he did once he'd eaten the various bits of the tomb raiders who dug him up, but still. Always remember, if you can't figure out why something is like it is, a wizard probably did it and then ran away. However, that being said, I think the second of the two images I posted, the one where he aappears to be stood on a pile of Skaven, might be the best option to take (even though I personally love the young Nagash picture). He's still got a vaguely humanoid form and size but he's definitely in liche form. I'd prefer him to look at least partially human as it hints at vanity and former glory and also possibly hints at a power beyond that of the Tomb Kings, something has allowed him to retain some of his human form or perhaps restore it completely. He becomes more than just a reanimated collection of bones. I think they can say more about Nagash by making him more human than they would by making him into a skeletal monster; the scaryness lies in what's not there and what that implies. Just my own opinion though, obviously everyone has preferences.

Nagash also mutated somewhat during his life. Likely the exposure to all that Warpstone.

The Nagash Trilogy is so worth reading it's not funny. Except for the ending of the first book. But you'll have to read it to find out why that bit is silly.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nagash also mutated somewhat during his life. Likely the exposure to all that Warpstone.

The Nagash Trilogy is so worth reading it's not funny. Except for the ending of the first book. But you'll have to read it to find out why that bit is silly.
    Yeah he grows to like 12 feet tall for one thing!

and couldn't agree with you more on the Nagash Trilogy, especially the first book of it which is basically a masterclass in how NOT to fight a Necromancer. To be fair to his opponents they come from a culture that reveres death and so what Nagash does is utterly abhorent to them, but still reading it from the point of view of a fantasy fan who knows what Necromancy can do etc, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion as you read about the battles and you can see what's going to happen. One of the kings opposing him actually breaks down in tears at one point in despair as he realises that all of the things he has to take into account as a general of a living army are nothing at all to Nagash, if anything his troops are more useful to him dead than alive! The second and third books focus a bit too much on Lahmia to my liking and Nagash becomes almost a bit part character in his own series, but when he is "on screen" so to speak he's never anything short of awesome.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

May be time to put down the Salt peeps.....

Just got an email from GW about the forthcoming Warhammerfest......

Quote Originally Posted by GW Email about Warhammerfest
    An Ancient Enemy Returns In Our Special Narrative Gaming Feature. Come along and bear witness to the bloody return of one of the Old Worlds deadliest foes in our special narrative gaming event

COMMENCE FORMATION EXCITED FLAILING!!!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Awesome news! *glances over at my wallet as it starts sobbing and grins evilly*
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Obviously a double bluff and they're just bringing back Thudd the Barbarian!

Chapter-Master

I would hold fire on the flailing. The return of Nagash could just be for Gamesday and not actually anything for the general Warhammer population. That is often the way with rumours. Remember how the Inquisiton box game that was definitely 100% coming turned out to be just an Inquisition codex?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Sergeant

The way things are going it seems fantasy is dead. 4 40k codex's in a row and nothing on the rumor mill for fantasy. Not looking good and I don't mean to doom and gloom just going by observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Solution9 View Post
    The way things are going it seems fantasy is dead. 4 40k codex's in a row and nothing on the rumor mill for fantasy. Not looking good and I don't mean to doom and gloom just going by observation.
    That would be the same rumour mill that guaranteed Dark Vengeance was being replaced, with Orks V Blood Angels yes? And has become notoriously unreliable of late?

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast