BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I love Blanche
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

IDK why but Vetock just annoys me.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    John Blanche is one of the founding fathers and biggest influences and he's still there. Jeremy Vetock has been around since the 90's as well. I'd say there is still a good chunk of the 'old guard' there.
    Indeedy.

40k has been going for decades. GW for longer - this happens in companies. Why people keep trying to claim it's a sign of GW going into meltdown I don't know.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Like I said it depends how you define old guard but yes Blanche is definitely in there. I think I remember Vetock joining so he isn't. That's the point I was trying to make that for someone who starts playing now the Old Guard will be whoever is working now. For someone who started ten years ago Ward might be. The fact is a company that can't change staff, even founding staff, will die. GW has shown it can.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Indeedy.

40k has been going for decades. GW for longer - this happens in companies. Why people keep trying to claim it's a sign of GW going into meltdown I don't know.
    I don't think anyone made that leap. I think Caitsdhe said "I wonder how much of the old guard are left".

You are in fact correct, turnover is part of any company. When it comes to liquidation thats another story. I don't think anyone has indicated that GWs bloodletting has reached the design and game development studio.

Yet.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    How do you define old guard though? pre-going public 1991?
    As an old timer I only consider anyone who was there pre-public as the old guard. From there to the 2005-06 crash would be middle guard and from there to current the young guard. From this logical procession very soon the place will be run by raw cadets!

Banned

Old guard:

Anyone else is a n00b

Librarian

The original 40k team fantasized about things like handheld computational devices used in their expanding future universe.
    The current 40k team uses handheld computational devices to make said universe defined in greater archival resolution.

Omissah save us!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    Old guard:

Anyone else is a n00b
    Love it! I'd forgotten about that picture...

Chapter-Master

Good shout Gotty...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast