BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 737 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747787837 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 10008

[URL="http://www.dailydot.com/geek/adult-women-largest-gaming-demographic/"]Adult women are now the single largest video gaming demographic[/URL], 36% compared to adult men 35% and teenage boys 17%.

Also, yay Beyonce:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Gif makes me think of Generation Game.

Is Beyonce the cuddly toy, or another prize?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

To be fair how can you tell the difference between adult men and teenage boys?

I like it, and the debunking of the "social gamer" myth.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quick question for the ladies.

[url=http://www.discworldemporium.com/cunning-creations/personal-adornment/I%20ATE'NT%20DEAD%20Necklace]Saw this advertised on facebook, and want to buy it as a present for a friend, who happens to be a fan of Discworld books[/url].

However, is a gift of jewellry a bit too intimate gift from one friend to another? Main reason I want to get it is that I know she'd love it, but likely can't justify spending that much at the moment. Upside? Neither of us have partners to get offended or suspicious over such a gift. Downside? Neither of us have partners, and I don't want it to be seen as any more than a token of friendship...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Is that with or without facebook/phone games?
    Without its impressive, with - well I'm a snob/traditionalist and don't see zynga's latest annoyance as a real game.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you normally spend that much Mystery I wouldn't risk it.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Is that with or without facebook/phone games?
    Without its impressive, with - well I'm a snob/traditionalist and don't see zynga's latest annoyance as a real game.
    With, but men play mobile games too, the gender split is quite small.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Quick question for the ladies.

[url=http://www.discworldemporium.com/cunning-creations/personal-adornment/I%20ATE'NT%20DEAD%20Necklace]Saw this advertised on facebook, and want to buy it as a present for a friend, who happens to be a fan of Discworld books[/url].

However, is a gift of jewellry a bit too intimate gift from one friend to another? Main reason I want to get it is that I know she'd love it, but likely can't justify spending that much at the moment. Upside? Neither of us have partners to get offended or suspicious over such a gift. Downside? Neither of us have partners, and I don't want it to be seen as any more than a token of friendship...
    Duyde, there are sycth earings. You cannot go wrong with them, unless she hasn't peireced ears
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    With, but men play mobile games too, the gender split is quite small.
    I still rather see the without numbers.
    It's my female friends on facebook that spam me with game requests, so anecdotally I'd say there is a possible split in numbers there.
    But then again I'd rather encourage those women playing ****ty games to play and enjoy proper games instead. I've found its just a case of finding the right game.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28890069[/url]

Whilst people were wailling and gnashing their teeth that the CofE was debating women Bishops, we still haev places where females are not treated equally in "Christian" denominations.

A woman mormon was excommunicated for stating that men and women were not treated equally. That while males from 12 can preach a female cannot.

All of that means that stereotypes are breaking fast in the gaming industry, particularly the longheld stereotype of the adult woman as an outlier who sticks to mobile games and "social" games on Facebook while the more hardcore gamer, the "serious" (male) gamer, goes for console games.

Though this stereotype has long persisted, and even been used as a hiring tactic, the new data suggests there's little if any truth to it—especially not when you consider that the average adult woman has been gaming for 13 years.

Sorry, male gamers of Reddit and 4Chan, but Angry Birds only came out five years ago. Unless you want to try to argue that women have just been playing Bejeweled for the last 13 years, the math just doesn't add up.
    ^What the article says. There was another study from a few years ago which found 40% of console owners were women too, there is just no basis to the idea that women just play social games especially when men play them too.