BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    What he said. S3 needs 6 to wound T6. I fired somewhere in excess of 140 shots and got 17 wounds, he failed 4 saves.
    Oops! My bad. I was thinking Wraithknight for some reason.

Don't mind me, carry on!

Librarian

I tried doing an Artillery support army list with Vostroyans, when the 5th ed. book first came out, and it worked really well. However it slowed the game down because i took 9 Mortar squads.... The infantry only lists tend to do well due to saturation, and as long as you play the attrition game, you'll win. When in doubt, throw more bodies at it.
    One strategy is, "do not assault, but wrap", if your opponent gets close throw a Ten man unit at it by moving and running to surround the unit, forcing the unit to assault the ten man squad. If your positioning is right, the enemy will wipe out the unit in their turn leaving them open for another round of shooting in your turn.

Veteran-Sergeant

Looking at the company command squad. Good point about the MoO but I'm not sure about adding heavy weapons to them. Because as soon as you add a vox you only have 3 chumps to take wounds. Add in a heavy weapon and you're left with one before you start loosing something important. Would it be best to just leave them cheap and naked?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Halollet View Post
    Looking at the company command squad. Good point about the MoO but I'm not sure about adding heavy weapons to them. Because as soon as you add a vox you only have 3 chumps to take wounds. Add in a heavy weapon and you're left with one before you start loosing something important. Would it be best to just leave them cheap and naked?
    If you're just using them as a source of orders definitely. But since they have BS of 4 it's usually worth it to arm anyone not doing something else with a cheap weapon like a Grenade Launcher or Sniper Rifle. The GL lets you move the squad around while still having decent range and punch while the Sniper Rifles let you stay back and plink at stuff should you choose from farther back. Plus they can wound anything and have the chance for an AP 2 Precision Shot, which is always a nice bonus.

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, based on this thread, I've come up with this list.

HQ
    Company Command
    Astropath Master of Ordanance Vox-Caster Camo gear x4
    Company Command
    Astropath Officer of the Fleet Vox-Caster Camo gear x4
    Ministorum Priest x2
    Primaris Psyker Mastery Level 2 x3

Troops

Veterans
    Sniper Rifles x3 Lascannon Forward Sentries Vox Caster
    Veterans
    Bolter Grenade Launcher x3 Missile Launcher Forward Sentries Vox Caster

Platoon Command
    Vox-Caster Meltagun x2
    Infantry Squad
    Power Axe Meltabomb Flamer Vox
    Infantry Squad
    Power Axe Meltabomb Flamer
    Infantry Squad
    Flamer
    Special Weapon Squad
    Flamer x2 Demo Charge
    Special Weapon Squad
    Flamer x2 Demo Charge
    Heavy Weapon Squad
    AutoCannon
    Heavy Weapon Squad
    Mortar
    Heavy Weapon Squad
    Missile Launcher
    Heavy Weapon Squad
    Lascannon
    Conscripts x30

Elite

Tempestus Scions
    Meltagun x2
    Tempestus Scions
    Meltagun x2

Fast Attack

Rough Riders x7
    Flamer x2

Aegis Line

1850 points
    145 models!

That's a lot of guys.... I likes this!

Brother-Captain

You need *all* the commissars.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    You need *all* the commissars.
    I was thinking I needed one, but I couldn't figure out where to put him. Thoughts?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Halollet View Post
    I was thinking I needed one, but I couldn't figure out where to put him. Thoughts?
    Put one in the first squad of the infantry platoon. That way if/when you combine the squads the entire blob gets the benefits of his higher Leadership for morale and taking orders and his Bolt Pistol of judgement if they decide to do something you don't like.

Remember one thing with those Priests, because they make a unit Fearless that unit can't go to ground which can be a vital survival tactic for Guard. And unlike other armies you can order your units to Get Back in the Fight so they can still act normally next turn so other than using up an Order there isn't a penalty for doing it.

Brother-Captain

Commissars > Priests, imho. but both are good.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Put one in the first squad of the infantry platoon. That way if/when you combine the squads the entire blob gets the benefits of his higher Leadership for morale and taking orders and his Bolt Pistol of judgement if they decide to do something you don't like.

Remember one thing with those Priests, because they make a unit Fearless that unit can't go to ground which can be a vital survival tactic for Guard. And unlike other armies you can order your units to Get Back in the Fight so they can still act normally next turn so other than using up an Order there isn't a penalty for doing it.
    That's all true, but I'm bringing 3 psykers that he'll shoot pretty quick with the frequency of perils these days. So if I did bring a Commi, where do I put my psykers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast