BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Grotesques do have an existing model, albeit mono-posed and Finecast, but they wouldn't need to drop it for legal reasons the way they have with units that have no models.
    The Grotesque is also prohibitively expensive to run in squads as it is in Finecast. I’d like to see them do a Grotesque kit a la Ogryns, that would be nice.
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

I suspect grotesques would be next on the list of kits to do
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

And just because it's not mentioned in this WD, does not mean it is not coming.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Talking about expensive... 5 Wracks for € 30 is not exactly encuraging building an army around them. If they dont get massive buffs (and thus not stay at 10 points) you basically pay € 60 for just 100 points of troops.

If you don't put other equipment or upgrades on them.

Plus - GW models - a bit expensive? Whoddathunkit.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Talking about expensive... 5 Wracks for € 30 is not exactly encuraging building an army around them. If they dont get massive buffs (and thus not stay at 10 points) you basically pay € 60 for just 100 points of troops.
    And now you get to see what Ork players dealt with given the price of the new Mek Gunz, $230 for a unit that with maximum upgrades and the most expensive guns is still less than 200 points (and the guns aren't that big, despite being priced higher than many vehicles, including Wave Serpents).

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    And now you get to see what Ork players dealt with given the price of the new Mek Gunz, $230 for a unit that with maximum upgrades and the most expensive guns is still less than 200 points (and the guns aren't that big, despite being priced higher than many vehicles, including Wave Serpents).
    They is ded shooty though. I will get a battery of them. Some day. Probably bit by bit, rather than a single splurge.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I suspect grotesques would be next on the list of kits to do
    I suspect this is why weve not seen them yet. They dont want to flash all the new kits yet
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Size isn't the deciding factor as the material its made of it relativly cheap, the difference in plastic cost of a wave serpent and a Mek Gun is negligable, its complexity of the mold, and the fact that a box is a box, you have to transport it, pack it, stock in and pay someone to sell it, they're similar costs no matter the model, things that have a higher turnover, like Tactical Squads, Wave Serpents and such, can be a lower price as they will make it up in volume, Big Gunz aren't going to be a big seller so are going to cost more.

I have 3 myself (all you need for a unit, 5 seems to be overkill to me) and they're great models really well done, don't forget each comes with 5 grots as well, which are mostly interchangeable with the existing grot models for that all important Orky uniquness.

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Size isn't the deciding factor as the material its made of it relativly cheap, the difference in plastic cost of a wave serpent and a Mek Gun is negligable, its complexity of the mold, and the fact that a box is a box, you have to transport it, pack it, stock in and pay someone to sell it, they're similar costs no matter the model, things that have a higher turnover, like Tactical Squads, Wave Serpents and such, can be a lower price as they will make it up in volume, Big Gunz aren't going to be a big seller so are going to cost more.

I have 3 myself (all you need for a unit, 5 seems to be overkill to me) and they're great models really well done, don't forget each comes with 5 grots as well, which are mostly interchangeable with the existing grot models for that all important Orky uniquness.
    Come one, there has to be a difference between smaller and bigger kits with more materials and bigger molds and more sprues.
    Furthermore Kirby himself confessed GW enjoyed a 75% benefit on average for each product they sell. (and I suspect it's much higher)

Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast