BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

The stuff about Throgg is interesting... I'll have to get myself a copy of that book. I love all of the understandable but unlikely alliances that a forming. I found Vlad to be both very interesting, and rather sympathetic in Nagash.

Also, has there been any word as to what Elspeth von Draken is up to at this point? Being a weird wraith-human, Geheimnisnacht can't have been much fun for her.

Little bit of Threadomancy - hope nobody minds, it's just with the existing topic starting a new one seemed silly.

So, Thanquol is out today. I'm currently at work, so want get my scabarous paws on it until around 5, when I shall hurry-scurry to the man-thing pub to read-understand. And that's the fourth (and if the rumours are accurate, penultimate) book in the series.

And haven't we come a long, long way from Nagash?

I don't mind admitting I didn't expect anything like the scale of carnage we've seen so far. Particularly the Elven stuff. Completely out of left field - which is no bad thing.

These momentous events are of course yet to draw to a conclusion. Indeed, every book so far has left us poised on the brink. Nagash laid low the Tomb Kings, dismembered Settra, and is now flying his Pyramid around. The Empire is sorely beset, and Karl Franz has gone all super-saiyan, which as Khaine revealed was down to Teclis mucking about with the Vortex.

Crashing on with what I've heard about Thanquol (not saying what I know, because I don't yet know anything) - Lizardmen are floating about in 'a' or 'the' void (conflicting wordings used), The Dwarfs have had a bit of a kicking, and the Skaven have allied with Archaon.

You know, I really don't think we're going to see a conclusion to End Times. Apparently, Archaon is the next book, but very little has so far been said about him in the others, except that he's doing what he does every Pinky - trying to take over the world.

I think we're seeing a shift in the Time Line, which will then be frozen again. But I don't know - we could see The End Times play out to a conclusion, and I'm betting Archaon will fail, but the world will be so ravaged the new background will be about survival rather than rebuilding as has followed previous Chaos incurions.

How about you?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I think we're seeing a shift in the Time Line, which will then be frozen again. But I don't know - we could see The End Times play out to a conclusion, and I'm betting Archaon will fail, but the world will be so ravaged the new background will be about survival rather than rebuilding as has followed previous Chaos incurions.
    The sense I got post-SoC wasn't so much "trying to survive" as "clean-up duty." But hey, they retconned that, so that might mean nothing.

With the way Lileath sent Araloth into a pocket with their daughter so she could seed a new world, talking about rebirth, I think they're really moving to do a reset of some sort. I don't think they're blowing the world up, because that just sounds stupid, and doesn't mesh with a lot of things. I think the "cycle" Lileath mentioned will hit its peak: The Dark Gods will sweep over the world, wrecking the place. A lot of people will find some kind of refuge, probably protected by some crazy magic by Teclic (directed by Lileath). The world ends, and then "resets," but with a new look. Continents change, cultures change, stuff like that.

It goes to help change the Warhammer world from being a copy of Earth, and also serves to help as a shake-up in terms of background and gameplay, which I imagine they're looking at to help Warhammer regain some strength in sales. No idea what the end game is going to look like.

While I have a lot of nostalgia, I can't say that I won't be fine with a new world. I'd be quite alright seeing the map redrawn entirely. It's always been a bit odd that we're basically playing on fantasy Earth. They even had, in various ways, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, and even Native American groups. Obviously Norse, and Russians. Hobgoblins were Mongolian in look and how they approached war. Khemri was Egypt. Ulthuan was Atlantis. And of course they put the Dark Elves in North America, the "evil split-offs from a great empire" (subtle, right?). Even the names used in a lot of locations, like Cathay, Nippon, Albion, etc. So yeah, changing that, maybe not so bad.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345