BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default This made me laugh.

My friend recently tried to say that wave serpents cannot tank shock because they are skimming transports and pointed out the section on tanks: unless the vehicle "type" is 'Tank (Tk), then they cannot perform Tank Shock or Ram actions (page 92, first sentence). He was aghast when I showed him the Eldar codex entry for the serpent.

This further confirms in my mind the favoritism that was meted out to the Eldar in their codex, when the wave serpent was made to be a Tank, Skimmer, Fast, and a Transport.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

You mean like... forever?
    Even in 2nd edition they were called "Anti-grav TANK" and when they started with classifications in 3rd th serpent also reads "Tank, Skimmer, Fast"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You mean like... forever?
    Even in 2nd edition they were called "Anti-grav TANK" and when they started with classifications in 3rd th serpent also reads "Tank, Skimmer, Fast"
    Yup. Forever. But considering the new shield fubction they gave it, I figured they might be fair and lose the "fast" designation. Also to be fair, my friend has only played since the very end of 5th.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    "...Also to be fair, my friend has only played since the very end of 5th."
    When it was a Tank?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wave Serpent.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	11105

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Yup. Forever. But considering the new shield fubction they gave it, I figured they might be fair and lose the "fast" designation. Also to be fair, my friend has only played since the very end of 5th.
    Why should they remove "fast" when skimmer and fast are the defining traits of all Eldar vehicles? They changed the shield every edition and this time it actually does what her Epic counterpart (Wave Serpent) did.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Why should they remove "fast" when skimmer and fast are the defining traits of all Eldar vehicles? They changed the shield every edition and this time it actually does what her Epic counterpart (Wave Serpent) did.
    Well, more or less! Original Epic version was ace. Bulldoze those Devastators my pretties!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Be thankful they can't blast across the battle field and unload a volley on the defenders. Oh wait!!!

Picture evil chuckles, it's what Eldar do.