BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

So, +3pts and an elite slot for +1A and Ld, not that inspiring.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Strikes me that the Succubus is a challenge beasty - gets through enemy armour, very good I enabling her to get the damage in first etc, whereas the Archon is more general damage - getting tore into units rather than characters.

I don't think either can necessarily go into combat alone - the shared T3 dissuades!
    No, no she's not. doesn't scare anything challengable in any of my lists, hell I'd pit terminator sergeants against her an laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Chaos - they have to challenge. And with the higher initiative, she has a fair crack at dropping them before they get to strike.

But by all means, keep looking for something with absolutley no risk or downside. Let me know when you find it yeah?
    No, there is nothing in the chaos dex that should fear that thing...unless you mean the squad sergeants, but they are dead anyway and really? a HQ character isn't needed to kill those
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I don't agree, with WS8, I8, S5 AP2 5 attacks on the charge at high WS with a 4++ plus combat drugs she is quite fearsome. Everyone always underestimates eldar characters in cc in my experience. Lelith is the one to watch though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

But by all means, keep looking for something with absolutley no risk or downside. Let me know when you find it yeah?
    Wolfstar, Bikestar, Imperial Knights (with or without Lance Formation), Centurionstar, Inpenetrable Iron Hands Master,...
    Need ore or is that enough for beginners?

A flyer heavy army using that formation/detachment thingamie could be fun. Up to six razorwings and three voidravens, some deep striking scourges or whatever to try and knock out anything with skyfire early on.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    A flyer heavy army using that formation/detachment thingamie could be fun. Up to six razorwings and three voidravens, some deep striking scourges or whatever to try and knock out anything with skyfire early on.
    1: $$$
    2: stupid spam list
    3: why skyfire when they die to Bolters?
    4: you get tabled turn 1 with no units on the table as 90% of your army is flyers
    Last edited by Charon; 10-02-2014 at 05:56 AM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I don't agree, with WS8, I8, S5 AP2 5 attacks on the charge at high WS with a 4++ plus combat drugs she is quite fearsome. Everyone always underestimates eldar characters in cc in my experience. Lelith is the one to watch though.
    I would willingly throw my T5 4W 2+/4++ Lord with Fist against that any day, You're succubus is doing a single wound a turn, whereas my lord only needs score 1 to squish

Or my Slaanesh lord with Spinehiver blade/Sigil who'd cut through the eldar like butter (admittedly taking 1 maybe 2 wounds)

And Khorne Axe lords are going to be the best of both worlds with masses of S6/7 attacks
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Wolfstar, Bikestar, Imperial Knights (with or without Lance Formation), Centurionstar, Inpenetrable Iron Hands Master,...
    Need ore or is that enough for beginners?
    All have notable downsides neatly glossed over.

Bikestar - low numbers, difficulty with hordes.

Imperial Knights - can get surrounded, and taken out through attrition

Centurionstar - Oh hai, here's my CC elites. They seem to have killed all your dudes.

Wolfstar and Iron Hands one - those I'm not familiar with personally.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

All have notable downsides neatly glossed over.

Bikestar - low numbers, difficulty with hordes.

Imperial Knights - can get surrounded, and taken out through attrition

Centurionstar - Oh hai, here's my CC elites. They seem to have killed all your dudes.

Wolfstar and Iron Hands one - those I'm not familiar with personally.
    "notable downsides"
    Not sure if joking, trolling or just lack of game knowledge...

Ok then lets see the "notable downsides" of the succubus:

has difficulty with hordes, can get surrounded and taken out through attrition, oh, hai here's my CC elites. They seem to have killed all your dudes. Oh lolz im a cybot.
    Her notable downside is beeing a melee unit without any survivability and any kill potential. She cant fight elites, hordes or monsters. Yes she can beat up an imperial guard squad or tau fire warriors... but EVERYONE can do this... to a far cheaper price. Hell even a banshee exarch comes pretty close to her killing potential and even outlives her in challenges.

Brother-Sergeant

Does anyone know if Flickerfields do anything to nullify or reduce the effect of 'No Escape'?

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast