BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Blood angels - descent of angels list opinions

I'm thinking of adding to my blood angels, specifically building them into a almost all jump infantry list (only none jump infantry being a stormraven) but was wondering if that'd even be able to compete in 7th?
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    I'm thinking of adding to my blood angels, specifically building them into a almost all jump infantry list (only none jump infantry being a stormraven) but was wondering if that'd even be able to compete in 7th?
    The issue is not the effectiveness of the unit, the issue is unit cost.

100% deep strike lists need to have some thing to modify reserve roles to avoid being tabled, to me I only know of Sky Shield and allied AM CCS with master of the fleet.

This only adds to the premium you're paying to get units on the table.

BA Death Company are still an awesome unit, but with Jumppacks at 15ppm instead of 3ppm in newer codexes really hurts, Drop pods are always a better choice atm.

Starting on the table is viable, but again the SkyShield is worth a look, jump troops will die horribly vs AP3 gun lines or templates. I think you need something like a land raider to draw high strength low AP fire. Again another premium.

Personally I'm saving my Jump packs until the new codex comes out.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

I may wait and see if the new codex makes everything cheaper, may as well finish my vampire counts before majorly over halfling my blood angels
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax ion pusscabe View Post
    I may wait and see if the new codex makes everything cheaper, may as well finish my vampire counts before majorly over halfling my blood angels
    I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've pretty much shelved my BA, not because I don't think I can't win them but because they really just seem boring these days. The DoA list that I preferred to run never was very viable but since 6th and the whole "1/2 of your army needs to start on the board" its really killed the ability of a DoA list to be played the way its supposed to.

Maybe the new codex will give us some awesome new abilities that make it viable but remember, hope is the first step to despair.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Occuli Imperator

BAs are the bestest eva!

*ahem*

They do that very well.

DC with Lemartes in a storm raven with a death company dread slung underneath.

Priest with some assault squads are fun.

Thgouh I would say pick Vanguard Vets or DC not both.

Dante + Sanguinary Guard are fun.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni