BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Space wolves 2k starting list.

After spending the weekend looking at the new Space Wolves Codex and going through multiple possible lists, this is the one im thinking of building first.

any comments welcome.

Harald Deathwolf

Iron Priest - Thunderwolf mount, 4x cyberwolves
    Iron Priest - Thunderwolf mount, 4x cyberwolves

Grey Hunters - 10, CCW, 2x Plasmagun, Rhino
    Grey Hunters - 10, CCW, 2x Plasmagun, Rhino

Thunderwolf Cavalry x6, 3x SS
    Thunderwolf Cavalry x5, 3x SS
    Thunderwolf Cavalry x5, 3x SS

StormFang - TLLC, 2x TLMM

That sounds like a killer list! I just wish I had that many thunderwolves.

tw's are nice.... but id dump stormfang and add murderfang with drop pod

First-Captain

rle68 seems to really like Murderfang in a drop pod!

Also, what is with the 2000 point list obsession? Do people actually play at 2000? I've not heard of anyone using that much regularly since 5th edition

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    rle68 seems to really like Murderfang in a drop pod!

Also, what is with the 2000 point list obsession? Do people actually play at 2000? I've not heard of anyone using that much regularly since 5th edition
    from what i have seen the 2k limit is a way to add more of the formations and stuff some people want.. and yes i like murderfang hes raped alot of different units when i tried him

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    from what i have seen the 2k limit is a way to add more of the formations and stuff some people want.. and yes i like murderfang hes raped alot of different units when i tried him
    Making lists at 2000 is all well and good but when will they ever get used? I know where I am 1850 is the maximum people play at and even that is moving down towards 1500, letting people use all the formations people want means that people get to abuse them too.

Also, don't say "raped" in that context, some people find it offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Making lists at 2000 is all well and good but when will they ever get used? I know where I am 1850 is the maximum people play at and even that is moving down towards 1500, letting people use all the formations people want means that people get to abuse them too.

Also, don't say "raped" in that context, some people find it offensive.
    i know of 2 2k tournaments in the next 2 weeks.. so i dont know about your area.. but in this area they are fairly common

and this isnt the pc police.. this is a wargame.. and not everything is offensive

not being snarky so dont take it that way... i am sick and tired of all this pc junk.. its a term meant in the game way not anything else

Path Walker. At the store i play at, most if not all players play 2000 pt games.